COVID-19 measure: Compulsory mask at TU Wien
Admission to a study programme
Admission period summer semester 2021
General admission period: from 07 January to 05 Febuary
Extended admission period: from 06 Febuary to 30 April 2021
Enrolment at TU Wien
Who has to come personally with an appointment to the Admission Office?
People who have never been admitted at TU Wien:
- First admission to a Bachelor's programme (except for computer science studies)
- First admission to a Master's programme (except TUW graduates)
- First admission to a doctrate course (except TUW graduates)
How do I get an appointment?
At the end of the Online-Registration, you have to choose a date in the Admission Office online. You can choose a day, the time will be assigned. This is always the next available date on that day. You can cancel the assigned appointment at any time via your TISS account and make a new one online.
Who have to send the documents to the Admission Office by email?
Persons whose identity has already been checked once:
- TUW-Bachelor's graduates (documents: student ID-card and the desired Master's programme)
- TUW-Master's graduates (documents: student ID-card and the desired doctoral studies)
- First admission to the pre-study course (documents: admission letter, confirmation of payment of the course fee, passport)
- First admission to a non-degree study program (documents: passport)
- Co-registration (documents: passport, confirmation of the governing body responsible for study affairs, study journal of the home university)
Scan the required documents and send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You do NOT have to come in person to the Admission Office!
Admission letter of TUW and passport
Start your studies at TU Wien
If you would like to start your studies at TU Wien, you will need extensive information about the planned admission procedures and deadlines.
Starting from winter semester 2019/2020, there will be either admission or selection procedures (limited places) or a study preparation and reflection phase (VoR phase) for self-orientation (non-limiting) for all Bachelor Programmes at TUW. So the first step is to complete the Online-Registration.
You can find the offered study programmes here.
What means admission exactly?
Admission to a study programme at a university is the formal start of your studies. The enrolment all bachelor's, master's and doctoral studies has to be done in person at the Admission Office during the admission period.
When you are first admitted to a study programme at an Austrian university, each student is assigned a so-called registration number. This 8-digit number will accompany you throughout your studies, regardless of whether and how often you change your studies or the university. The registration number appears in all documents (certificates, student ID card, study confirmations) and must be shown when further admission to another course of study is carried out at all Austrian universities.
Front Office Opening Hours
NOTE: The Admission Office is closed rom 22 December to 6 January!
- Monday: 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday: 1.30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
During opening hours please take hindered availability into account!
You can call us also prior and after our opening hours.