TU Wien makes every effort to make our website accessible in accordance with the Web Accessibility Act ("Web-Zugänglichkeits-Gesetz" - WZG).
This declaration on accessibility applies to websites of TU Wien, which are hosted on a TU.it server and
- are either connected to the central TUW Typo3 system or
- are implemented via the central TU website hosting service of TU.it as a Wordpress page with the profile "TU Wien"
Efforts to support accessibility
TU Wien takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Accessibility is part of our internal guidelines.
- Continuous training on accessibility is offered for our employees.
- Formal methods for quality assurance of accessibility exist within the company.
- We include people with disabilities in the development of the accessibility of the website.
- We are currently in the process of WACA certification in accordance with WCAG 2.1 standard.
This web site is partially compliant with conformance level AA of the "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines - WCAG 2.1".
Known accessibility issues
Despite our efforts, some problems may occur with users. This is a description of the known accessibility problems. Please contact us if you observe a problem that is not listed.
- Time-based media: Time-based media is not accessible in all cases because sufficient audio-descriptive alternatives may not be provided.
- Text size: Text cannot be resized up to 200 percent in all browsers without losing content or functionality.
- Left navigation is currently not keyboard operable on very narrow screens.
- Captions (labels) or instructions: When content requires user input, labels or instructions are not provided in all cases.
- Error Recommendation: If an input error is automatically detected and correction recommendations are known, then these recommendations may not be provided to the user.
- Language of parts: Markup of phrases in other languages in content elements is so far technically possible only in text fields, but not in headlines, news teasers, image captions.
- Syntax analysis: In connection with the external frontend login service, not all elements may have complete start and end tags.
Unfortunately, not all documents on our website are accessible yet.
Creation of the declaration on accessibility
This declaration was issued on November 11, 2020 and updated June 22, 2021.
The declaration was prepared on the basis of a self-assessment conducted by TU Wien.
We are currently in the process of WACA certification, opens an external URL in a new window in accordance with WCAG 2.1 standard.
Feedback and contact details
If you notice any other barriers that prevent you from using our website, please let us know by e-mail. We will check your request and contact you as soon as possible.
Please send all messages and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem and include the URL(s) of the affected web page or document.
In case of unsatisfactory answers from the above-mentioned contact possibility you can turn to the Austrian Research Promotion Agency ("Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft" - FFG) by means of a complaint. The FFG accepts complaints electronically via a contact form.
The contact form of the complaints office can be found at www.ffg.at/form/kontaktformular-beschwerdestelle, opens an external URL in a new window.
These complaints are examined by the FFG to determine whether they relate to violations of the Web Accessibility Act (WZG), in particular deficiencies in compliance with accessibility requirements, by the federal government or an institution assigned to it.
If the complaint is justified, the FFG must make recommendations to the federal government or the legal entities concerned and propose measures to remedy the existing deficiencies.
Further information on the appeal procedure can be found at www.ffg.at/barrierefreiheit/beschwerdestelle, opens an external URL in a new window.
Compatibility with browsers and supporting technologies
This website is designed to be compatible with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge Version 44 and above
- Mozilla Firefox Version 82 and above
- Google Chrome Version 86 and above
This website is designed to be compatible with the following supporting technologies:
- NVDA Screenreader
- JAWS Screenreader
The accessibility of this website depends on the following technologies to function: