TU Wien makes every effort to make our website accessible in accordance with the Web Accessibility Act ("Web-Zugänglichkeits-Gesetz" - WZG).
This declaration on accessibility applies to websites of TU Wien, which are hosted on a TU.it server and are connected to the central TUW TYPO3 system.
Efforts to support accessibility
TU Wien takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Accessibility is part of our internal guidelines.
- Continuous training on accessibility is offered for our employees.
- Formal methods for quality assurance of accessibility exist within the company.
- We include people with disabilities in the development of the accessibility of the website.
This website ist compliant with conformance level AA of the "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines - WCAG 2.1". It was awarded the silver quality seal.
Known accessibility issues
Unfortunately, we still cannot completely exclude one or the other barrier. Please contact us if you notice a problem.
We are aware of the following recommendations for further improvement of our website:
- Time-based media: Time-based media is not accessible in all cases because sufficient audio-descriptive alternatives may not be provided.
- On the "Events" page, the contrast of the gray values is sufficient and WCAG-compliant, but especially on mobile, the information about time and place is written very small and gray and thus not optimally readable.
- On the "Add Event" page, the Google reCaptcha used is technically accessible but makes it difficult for some target groups to use. Additionally, a more visually clear marking of input fields is recommended.
- Forms: For submit errors, the form does not scroll up, requiring users to scroll up manually. A darker gray is recommended for the margins of input fields.
- In the document overview, the links to the documents are only distinguished from the body text by color.
- Not best practice: on the "Events" page in mobile view, the calendar is visually in front, but after the events in tab order.
- When searching for events multiple times with the help of a screen reader, the focus is no longer placed at the top of the page.
Unfortunately, not all documents on our website are accessible yet.
Report of the closing Audit for the Web Accessibility Certificate Austria
The following report is only available in German.
Creation of the declaration on accessibility
This declaration was issued on November 11, 2020 and updated February 04, 2022.
The declaration was prepared on the basis of a self-assessment conducted by TU Wien.
Feedback and contact details
If you notice any other barriers that prevent you from using our website, please let us know by e-mail. We will check your request and contact you as soon as possible.
Please send all messages and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem and include the URL(s) of the affected web page or document.
In case of unsatisfactory answers from the above-mentioned contact possibility you can turn to the Austrian Research Promotion Agency ("Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft" - FFG) by means of a complaint. The FFG accepts complaints electronically via a contact form.
The contact form of the complaints office can be found at www.ffg.at/form/kontaktformular-beschwerdestelle, opens an external URL in a new window.
These complaints are examined by the FFG to determine whether they relate to violations of the Web Accessibility Act (WZG), in particular deficiencies in compliance with accessibility requirements, by the federal government or an institution assigned to it.
If the complaint is justified, the FFG must make recommendations to the federal government or the legal entities concerned and propose measures to remedy the existing deficiencies.
Further information on the appeal procedure can be found at www.ffg.at/barrierefreiheit/beschwerdestelle, opens an external URL in a new window.
Compatibility with browsers and supporting technologies
This website is designed to be compatible with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge Version 44 and above
- Mozilla Firefox Version 82 and above
- Google Chrome Version 86 and above
This website is designed to be compatible with the following supporting technologies:
- NVDA Screenreader
- JAWS Screenreader
The accessibility of this website depends on the following technologies to function: