Univ.Prof.in Elisa Davoli PhD
Professor of Multiscale Calculus of Variations
Welcome to my homepage!
I'm full Professor and FWF Elise Richter fellow at the Institute of Analysis and Scientific Computing, opens in new window of TU Wien, where I'm leading the research group Multiscale Calculus of Variations, opens an external URL in a new window. I am the recipient of one of the two Richard von Mises prizes, opens an external URL in a new window of the GAMM for 2020 and of one of the seven START grants of the FWF for 2020.
My research focuses on problems arising in materials science and in image reconstruction, with techniques borrowed from the theory of partial differential equations and from the calculus of variations. An interview about my FWF START grant, opens an external URL in a new window can be found on the FWF website.
Some research topics are:
- dimension reduction
- evolutionary problems for inelastic phenomena
- quasistatic evolution problems and rate independent processes
- homogenization and analysis of high-contrast materials
- non-convex multiscale variational problems with PDE constraints
- finite crystallization
- solid-solid phase transitions
- epitaxial growth
- optimal regularizers in image reconstruction
Institute of Analysis and Scientific Computing
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10
1040 Vienna, Austria