Assisting spouses and partners of newly appointed professors at TU Wien in their transition and move to Vienna is the aim of our Dual Career Advice Programme, where various
counselling and support services
offer tailored solutions for you and your partner.
These services comprise: “Welcome to Vienna and Life in Austria” as well as “Career options for partners”.
In a first meeting we can identify what support you might desire and what options are available.
Welcome to Vienna and Life in Austria
TU Wien runs an in-house kindergarten for children aged 1 to 6 years. A place in this kindergarten can be discussed with the rector as part of your contract and depends on vacancies.
We assist you in finding a school for your child/children. This means, we provide information on the various procedures, deadlines as well as contacts for school registration.
We provide information on Austrian platforms that assist you with finding the right place to live. The new Vienna Academic Guesthouse, opens an external URL in a new window offers the possibility to rent an apartment in the Seestadt Aspern, depending on current availability.
TU Wien hosts various internal events and meet-ups and invites you to meet and network with fellow staff members. (e.g. Concerts of the TU Orchester, opens an external URL in a new window and the TU Chor, opens an external URL in a new window, Glühweinstand, Rote Nasenlauf/charity event).
Club Dual Career:
As a member of Dual Career Advice you are a member of CDC-Club Dual Career and will be invited to exclusive events such as the Dual Career Breakfast with the rector.
Arrival in Vienna:
Euraxess offers a comprehensive brochure, namely, "Researcher's Guide to Austria”, opens a file in a new window that can help you find your way around in Vienna and in Austria.
Further information is also available at the International Office of TU Wien, opens an external URL in a new window.
Career for both
If you already have a concrete idea of what it is you wish to work as, we can offer you the following services:
- Information on the Austrian job market and application procedures
- Information on appropriate open positions
- Assistance with your job application documents
- These services are carried out by our cooperation partners who we connect you with: TU Career Center as well as the WWTF (Wiener Wissenschafts-, Forschungs- und Technologiefonds / Vienna Science and Technology Fund)
When seeking to make a career change Dual Career Advice can offer the following:
- Career Counselling, Coaching, Continuing Education
German language courses:
In order to learn German or to brush up what you already know, you can participate in a small group course or receive individual tutoring.
Access to the TU Wien's HR education and sports programme:
Partners are welcome to participate in all TU HR seminars and sports offers depending on availability of spaces.
Guidelines: DCA Guidelines, opens a file in a new window
- International Office of TU Wien: information and contact point for international students and scientists
- University Development: Professorships at TU Wien: Appointment Service of TU Wien
External cooperation partners:
- TU Career Center: as a service and advice centre, the TU Career Center acts as an interface between the university and the job market
- Austrian Network for Dual Career: TU Wien is a member of the network of universities in Austria (ANDC)
- WWTF: The Vienna Science and Technology Fund (WWTF) is a large, private NPO which promotes science and research.
- Euraxess Austria: is a platform for researchers, entrepreneurs, universities and businesses to interact with each other and supports the mobility and career of researchers.