07. Dezember 2022, 09:00 bis 13:00
[EN] How to assess performance in a transparent way
Time / Duration: 09:00 - 13:00; 4 hours
Location: Online (TUWEL + Zoom)
Group size: 10 - 15 participants
Target group: Instructors who wish to assess student performance in a professional, (more) transparent way
By the end of the course, participants can...
- …state the functions and requirements of performance assessment.
- … recognize, explain, and proactively work against difficulties, potential sources of assessment errors and biases when it comes to performance assessment.
- … define elements of performance assessment for their own courses.
- … deduct accurate guidelines for performance assessment in their own courses.
- … create (more) transparent performance assessment thanks to the application of assessment rubrics.
- Functions and requirements of performance assessment
- Grades and their definitions in one’s courses
- Difficulties, potential sources of assessment errors and biases when assessing performances
- Using assessment rubrics to create (more) transparent performance assessment
Following the webinar, participants are invited to participate in a 30-minutes one-on-one coaching session to address and professionally discuss the specifics of their individual performance assessment strategies.
We work in various interactive settings using a variety of teaching and learning methods ranging from individual reflection to pair work, smaller and larger group activities, discussions and short theoretical input sessions.
Registration online via TISS at https://tiss.tuwien.ac.at/tu_events/tu_event/9785, öffnet eine externe URL in einem neuen Fenster