- Developing and applying single molecule spectroscopy and imaging methods for the in vivo analysis of plasma membrane proteins and lipids.
- Understanding the functional role of plasma membrane nanostructures.
- Molecular mechanism of early T cell signaling.
Scientific and Professional Background
Full Professor at the Institute of Applied Physics, TU Wien
2004 - 2011
Associate Professor at the Biophysics Institute, Johannes Kepler University Linz
Venia Docendi (Habilitation) in Biophysics, Johannes Kepler University Linz
2001 - 2004
University Assistant at the Biophysics Institute, Johannes Kepler University Linz
1997 - 2001
Postdoctoral fellow at the Biophysics Institute, Johannes Kepler University Linz
PhD with “Single Molecule Optical Microscopy: Applications to Biosystems”
Master Degree “Studies of the dynamics of single membrane constituents using fluorescence microscopy"
1988 - 1995
Study of Technical Physics at the Johannes Kepler University Linz
- Amersham Pharmacia Biotech Award, 2001
- Upper-Austrian Award for Young Scientists, 2003
- START-Award, 2004
- Junge Kurie of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Austrian Society for Biomedical Engineering (ÖGMBT): board member
- Austrian Biophysical Society (ÖBG): vice president (2010-2013); president (2013-2015)
- Austrian Physical Society (ÖPG)
- American Biophysical Society
- BIOINTERFACE network at TU Wien