Assisting spouses and partners of newly appointed professors, opens an external URL in a new window at TU Wien in their transition and move to Vienna is the aim of our Dual Career Advice Programme, where various counseling and support services offer tailored solutions for you and your partner.
These services comprise: “Welcome to Vienna and Life in Austria” as well as “Career options for partners”.
In a first meeting we can identify what support you might desire and what options are available.
Welcome to Vienna and Life in Austria
For children aged 1 to 3 years, TU Wien offers flexible childcare named 'Day Care'. Furthermore, TU Wien runs an inhouse kindergarten for children aged 1 to 6 years. A place in this kindergarten can be discussed with the rector as part of your contract and depends on vacancies.
We assist you in finding a school for your child/children. This means, we provide information on the various procedures, deadlines as well as contacts for school registration.
We provide information on Austrian platforms that assist you with finding the right place to live. The new Gästehaus der Wiener Universitäten offers the possibility to rent an apartment in the Seestadt Aspern, depending on current availability.
TU Wien hosts various internal events and meet-ups and invites you to meet and network with fellow staff members. (e.g. Concerts of the TU Orchester and the TU Chor, Glühweinstand, Rote Nasenlauf/charity event).
Club Dual Career:
As a member of Dual Career Advice you are a member of CDC-Club Dual Career and will be invited to exclusive events such as the Dual Career Breakfast with the rector.
Arrival in Vienna:
Euraxess offers a comprehensive brochure, namely, “Researcher's Guide to Austria”, opens an external URL in a new window that can help you find your way around in Vienna and in Austria.
Further information is also available at the International Office of TU Wien, opens an external URL in a new window.
Career for both
If you already have a concrete idea of what it is you wish to work as, we can offer you the following services:
- Information on the Austrian job market and application procedures
- Information on appropriate open positions
- Assistance with your job application documents
- These services are carried out by our cooperation partners who we connect you with: TU Career Center as well as the WWTF (Wiener Wissenschafts-, Forschungs- und Technologiefonds / Vienna Science and Technology Fund)
When seeking to make a career change Dual Career Advice can offer the following:
- Career Counseling, Coaching, Continuing Education
German language courses:
In order to learn German or to brush up what you already know, you can participate in a small group course or receive individual tutoring.
Access to the TU Wien's HR education and sports programme:
Partners are welcome to participate in all TU HR seminars and sports offers depending on availability of spaces.
- International Office of TU Wien: information and contact point for international students and scientists
- Universitätsentwicklung und Qualitätsmanagement: Professuren an der TU Wien: Appointment Service of TU Wien
External cooperation partners:
- TU Career Center: as a service and advice centre, the TU Career Center acts as an interface between the university and the job market
- Dual Career Service - Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria: TU Wien is a member of the network of universities in Vienna, Lower Austria, and Upper Austria.
- WWTF: The Vienna Science and Technoglogy Fund (WWTF) is a large, private NPO which promotes science and research.
- Euraxess Austria: is a platform for researchers, entrepreneurs, universities and businesses to interact with each other and supports the mobility and career of researchers.