Blog Posts Information Security
Information security protects against loss, unauthorized access and manipulation of data and information. It is focused on the protection of personal and company-related information as well as critical business processes. Information security at the TU Wien is implemented within the framework of the "InfoSec II" project. The goal of the project is to establish a comprehensive information security management system (ISMS) within the entire TU Wien.
Information Security Officer
The Informationssecurity Officer at TU Wien is Mag.a Marianne Rudigier.
Tasks of the Information Security Officer
The Information Security Officer shall in any case fulfill the following tasks:
- Informing and advising the Rectorate and the employees of the TU Wien on information security issues.
- Monitoring compliance with organizational measures related to information security.
- Sensitization and training of the employees of the TU Wien.
- Cooperation with the Data Protection Officer of the TU Wien, to ensure compliance with the technical and organizational measures for the protection of personal data in accordance with GDPR.
Informations Security Coordinators in the Rectorate and Faculties:
- Rectorate: Eveline Prentinger
- Vice Rectorate for Research and Innovation: Verena Dolovai
- Vice Rectorate for Acamdemic Affairs: Shabnam Tauböck
- Vice Rectorate for Digitalisation and Infrastructure: Marianne Rudigier
- Vice Rectorate Human Resources and Gender: Michael Vojta
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning: Michael Kiennast
- Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering: Christian Schranz
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology: Joachim Fabini
- Faculty of Informatics: Georg Fuchsbauer
- Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering: Christoph Hametner
- Faculty Mathematics and Geoinformation: Angelika Pecinovsky
- Faculty of Physics: Angelika Pecinovsky
- Faculty of Technical Chemistry: Martin Hensler
There are also information security contact people in the institutes and service departments (these can be nominated on a voluntary basis in the institutes but this role must be set up in the service departments). They support the information security officer and the information security coordinator with implementing and complying with the information security guidelines of TU Wien and and are encouraged to point out information security issues.
Availbale in german only.