Right to erasure of personal data at TU Wien as per article 17 GDPR
According to article 17 GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) “subjects” have the right to erasure of their personal data on, for example, the following grounds:
- The personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The subject revokes the consent for processing of the personal data and there are no other legal grounds for processing.
- The subject files objection to processing under article 21 GDPR and there are no justified priority grounds for processing.
- The personal data were wrongfully processed.
- Erasure of the personal data is required to meet a legal obligation under Union law or under the law of the Member States to which TU Wien is subject.
For an application for erasure, please fill out the form below. Incomplete applications may not be processed.
After submission of the application, the data protection officer of TU Wien, in cooperation with the data protection coordinators and data protection contact persons of the faculty in question and/or the rectorate, will arrange for erasure.
Under article 19 GDPR, TU Wien is obliged to notify all recipients of erasure of personal data to whom this data was disclosed. This is not necessary if it proves to be impossible or would only involve a disproportionate expense.
As soon as erasure has been arranged or there are no grounds for erasure, the subjects are informed of this.
Application for erasure for students and employees of TU Wien via the login
Application for erasure for alumni, former employees and TU Wien external consultants
Please address general questions on data protection which are neither an application for erasure nor a request for information to email@example.com.