Aufforderung zur Einreichung von Anträgen 2021
The European Commission has published the first call for the new Erasmus+ programme 2021-2027 on March 25, 2021. Erasmus+ is an EU programme for education, training, youth and sport that opens up many opportunities for international cooperation. You can find more information on these opportunities and eligibility criteria in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
Application deadlines for actions in the field of higher education:
- Cooperation Partnerships: May 20, 2021 and November 3, 2021
Short description >> | Eligible costs >> | Application (OeAD Vienna) >>
Model application forms >>
- Erasmus Mundus Action, Lot 1: Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters (EMJM): May 26, 2021
Short description >> | Application (EACEA Brussels)>>
- Erasmus Mundus Action, Lot 2: Erasmus Mundus Design Measures (EMDM): May 26, 2021
Short description >> | Application (EACEA Brussels)>>
- Alliances for Innovation: September 7, 2021
Short description - is in preparation | Application (EACEA Brussels) >>
- Jean Monnet Actions and Networks: June 2, 2021
Short description >> | Application (EACEA Brussels) >>
The European Commission has uploaded model application forms, opens an external URL in a new window for viewing on its website. As soon as the final application forms are available, you will find them on the Erasmus+ und Europäisches Solidaritätskorps Plattform, opens an external URL in a new window of the European Commission.
Webinars on ERASMUS+ 2021-2027
The European Commission published the first call for the new Erasmus + 2021-2027 program on March 25, 2021. The OeAD as the Austrian National Agency organized a series of online events, opens an external URL in a new window, in which various funding opportunities were presented. The following webinars and presentations were aimed at projects in the field of higher education:
Scientific & Technological Cooperation (STC)
Grants to cover researchers' mobility (travel costs and costs of stay) as well as project related material costs.
Application requirements: a concrete scientific project with secured basic funding, in which scientists from the corresponding partner countries will cooperate.
Current calls for applications:
- STC France | Application period 1.2. - prolonged till 12.4.2021 - 10:00 a.m. | Online Application | Call Guidelines
- STC Czech Republic | Application period 15.3. - 30.4.2021 | Online Application | Call Guidelines
- STC Poland | Application period 1.4. - 21.5.2021 | Online Application | Call Guidelines
- STC North Macedonia | Application period 19.4. - 9.6.2021 | Online Application | Call Guidelines
- STC Croatia | Application period 3.5. -30.6.2021 | Online Application | Call Guidelines
- STC India | coming soon!
- STC Hungary | coming soon!
The Programme Taiwan – Austria is financed by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF) of Austria and the Ministry of Education (MOE) of Taiwan.
Aim of the programme: to stimulate joint activities and to contribute to direct collaborations among higher education and research institutions in Taiwan and Austria. The BMBWF and the MOE will financially support the initiating phase of the partnerships.
Project activities: among others, the following activities can be supported:
- Research projects;
- Meetings for the preparation of submission of international project [such as Erasmus+, at FFG or at FWF, or at Taiwanese funding institutions];
- Exchange of teachers offering teaching content at the host institution, which is not offered there in the regular courses;
- Meetings for the preparation of joint study programmes or regular exchange of students.
Project consortium: Researcher in basic research + scientists, postdocs, PhD/MA/BA students.
Eligible Costs: Travel and subsistence costs as well as material costs (up to € 2.000).
Application deadline: Mai 10, 2021
APPEAR is a programme of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) aiming at development of cooperation between Austrian higher education institutions and higher education and research institutions in the ADC’s priority countries and regions.
General objective: to strengthen the scientific foundation and institutional capacities in higher education, research and management in the partner countries through (a) academic partnerships with Austrian higher education institutions and (b) master’s and PhD scholarships.
Eligible countries: Austria + ADC’s 11 priority countries and key regions: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Uganda, Mozambique, Bhutan, Palestine, Armenia, Georgia, Albania, Kosovo (special requirements apply) and Republic of Moldova.
Deadline for project applications: 31 May 2021
Information on Brexit
After the United Kingdom (UK) left the European Union, the respective transition phase, during which EU law and rules continued to apply, will end on December 31, 2020. For this reason, also the unrestricted movement of people between the United Kingdom and the European Union will end after this date. On the website of OeAD, you will find detailed information on Brexit - also in relation to international programmes.
Canon Foundation in Europe – Research Fellowships
The Canon Foundation in Europe grants up to 15 Fellowships to highly qualified European and Japanese researchers. European nationals should have permanent citizenship in the country. Applicants should hold a doctorate or at least a master’s degree obtained in the last ten years.
Deadline: as a result of Covid-19, the deadline has been extended to February 15, 2021
(the original regular annual deadline: 15 September)
Gusshausstrasse 28, 1st floor
concerning TUW grants for international relationships and university partnerships:
Tuesday and Thursday:
9:30 - 11:30, 13:30 - 15:30
ATTENTION! Due to the current situation (coronavirus), the personal counselling in the International Office has been restricted. Please send us your questions by email or give us a call. Personal counselling only by appointment.