Repayment of tuition fee
The repayment of the tuition fee is also repeatedly referred to as a "refund". In the case of the TU Wien, the same is meant. The repayment can be made for several reasons.
Regular students (except students with the residence title "Aufenthaltsbewilligung Studierender") can apply for a waiver of the tuition fee at the Department of Studies. The repayment/refund only covers the tuition fee! The ÖH fee must always be paid.
NOTE THE LEGAL DEADLINE!
The application for a repayment of tuition fees for the winter semester must be submitted to the Admissions Office by the following 31 March, for the summer semester by the following 31 October via Jira, opens an external URL in a new window, enclosing the scanned original documents. This deadline cannot be extended without exception!
Grounds for repayment
Repayment in accordance with the Decree on Tuition Fee
According to the Decree on Tuition Fee, a repayment is made if the evidence for a reason for waiving the tuition fees could not be submitted within the deadline and therefore the tuition fees for the current semester have been paid.
You have valid reasons for repayment of the amount payable to TU Wien if you have paid your tuition fee and one of the following applies:
- your application for waiver of tuition fee was approved after you paid your tuition fee;
- you have paid excess tuition fee;
- your tuition fee payment fell short of the prescribed amount, thus invalidating your admission to studies at the TUW;
- you have completed your studies or you have disenrolled from your studies at TU Wien before the end of the extended admission without taking any examination during the relevant semester, you may not have submitted any scientific work for evaluation and you may not have been admitted to studies at any other Austrian university;
- you paid tuition fee because you got your documents concerning your application for remission after the application period for remission.