Ending Violence Against Women*
The UN campaign "Orange The World" stands under the motto "Violence against women in public space". The campaign takes place annually between November 25th, the "International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women", and December 10th, the "International Human Rights Day". During the entire period, TU Wien raises orange flags for 16 days.
On Monday, Nov. 27th, 2023, there will be a program at TU Vienna to kick off the campaign and send a strong signal against violence against women. HTU (student body of TU Wien) is also planning a number of events as part of the campaign, which we would like to draw your attention to (please scroll down for more information).
TU Vienna Day of Action on Monday, Nov. 27th, 2023:
- 10:15 a.m.: Show the (orange) flag: Together with the TUW-Rectorate, in front of the main building of the TU Wien.
Invitation to participate, registration not required.
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Set a sign! With a lantern, auditorium of the main building of the TU Wien.
Invitation to participate in a creative action, registration not required.
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Sara Hassan "Grauzonen gibt es nicht- Muster sexueller Belästigung mit dem Red Flag System erkennen", online via Zoom. Access link after registration via webform (see below; available after Login). The online lecture will be held in German.
Information to the online lecture
What is still flirting and what is already assault? With the book "Grauzonen gibt es nicht" (There are no gray areas), author and speaker Sara Hassan has developed a model for identifying the first signs of sexual harassment. Using the Red Flag System, a multifactorial testing scheme, observers can learn how sexual harassment is brewing and what can be done about it. The lecture Gray Zones provides answers to the following questions:
- What techniques do harassers use to exploit victims?
- What constitutes a toxic environment?
- What concrete strategies are there to support victims and stand up against the abuse of power?
The online lecture will be hosted through the Gender Platform's cross-university network.
In addition to the live event, there will be a recording of this that will be accessible until December 4, 2023. The link to this will be emailed to all registrants after the event.
- 28.11. - 7 p.m.: Film Screening „Feminism WTF“ + Bingo, HS14A Main building
- 06.12. - 4 p.m.: Talk to the topic of gender-based violence, Vortragsraum Bibliothek, 5th floor
- 07.12., starting from 4 p.m.: Sale of Punch in between Freihaus and library building for donations to QueerBase and TTF
More information to the programme can be found on the HTU Website, opens an external URL in a new window and on the HTU Gleichref Instagram , opens an external URL in a new windowChannel.