With this site, we have tried to achieve good results for current hardware and software combinations. You will get the best results with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you experience any problems in this respect, get in touch with us.
The information on this server is provided by the faculties, institutes, staff, students, and PR and Marketing Service Unit. The information about the individual institutes and other establishments of TU Wien, as well as other information providers, is compiled by these independently and is imported into the system.
© Copyright – unless stated otherwise – of the author or TU Wien.
Supervisory authority of TU Wien
TU Wien VAT ID number
Governing bodies with power of representation: TU Wien Rector’s Office
- Sabine Seidler, Rector
- Johannes Fröhlich, Vice Rector Research and Innovation
- Josef Eberhardsteiner, Vice Rector Infrastructure
- Kurt Matyas, Vice Rector Study and Teaching
- Anna Steiger, Vice Rector Personnel and Gender
Duties of TU Wien
According to § 3 of the Austrian Universities Act 2002, TU Wien fulfils the following duties within its area of responsibility:
- advancement of sciences (research and teaching), and the advancement, appreciation and teaching of the arts;
- education through science and the advancement and appreciation of the arts;
- scientific, artistic, artistic-pedagogical and artistic-scientific training, qualification for professional activities requiring the application of scientific knowledge and methods, as well as teaching artistic and scientific skills at the highest level;
- training and promotion of junior academics and young artists;
- continuing education, particularly of university graduates and graduates of university colleges of education;
- internal co-ordination of scientific research (and the advancement and appreciation of the arts) and teaching at universities;
- promotion of domestic and international co-operation in research and teaching, and the arts;
- promotion of the use and practical application of their research findings, and of community involvement in efforts to promote the advancement and appreciation of the arts;
- gender equality and the advancement of women;
- maintenance of contacts with graduates;
- provision of public information on the performance of the tasks of the universities.
Data Protection Declaration
The valid data protection regulations can be found at www.tuwien.at/en/datenschutzerklaerung
This website uses "Matomo" (formerly "PIWIK"), a web analysis service hosted on the servers at TU Wien. The information generated by these cookies is stored on a server of the TU Wien.
Some subdomains use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’ – these are text files which are saved on your computer and which make it possible to analyse how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about how you use the website (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. Google will use this information to assess your use of the website, to generate reports on website activities for website operators and provide additional services linked to the website usage and Internet usage. Google will also transfer this information to third parties if necessary, if this is prescribed by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will not link your IP address to other Google data under any circumstances. You can prevent cookies from being installed using a corresponding setting in your browser; however, please note that you will not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent in this case. By using this website, you agree to the data gathered on you by Google being processed in the manner described above and for the aforementioned purpose.
All text on the TU Wien website has been carefully checked. Nevertheless, TU Wien cannot guarantee the correctness, completeness and topicality of the information. Liability of TU Wien is therefore excluded. The links to other websites have been carefully chosen. However, as TU Wien has no say on their content, it assumes no responsibility for these.
In order to guarantee the security of data transmission to our website, we require certain minimum versions of web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox Version 27
- Google Chrome Version 30
- Internet Explorer Version 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Opera Version 17
- Safari Version 9
In addition, there are the following minimum requirements:
- Android 5.0
- Java 8
You can find the current version of your browser in the Help menu.
Please note that we cannot guarantee secure transmission and complete operation of our website with older versions of the specified software.