Register your guest lecture for the Lectures for Future this semester! To do so, please fill out the survey, opens an external URL in a new window until February 02, 2021.
What is special about the Lectures for Future?
- The Lectures are a cross-university interdisciplinary lecture series to give interested people low-threshold insights into scientific work on climate crisis and further relevant societal challenges.
- The lectures aims to open up a critical public discourse on climate-, environmental- and sustainability-related topics and to anchor them at universities in the long term. Therefore target group includes students as well as the interested public.
- Here you can find an insight into the program of the past semester.
What are the conditions for guest lecturers?
- A guest lecture can be held by scientists as well as organizations and associations with environmental and climate relevance. In order to allow an interdisciplinary exchange, one of the basic ideas is that guest lecturers give their lecture at not at their home university.
- After registering your lecture, it will be assigned to the participating universities. The coordinators of the universities will then contact you personally (approx. mid-February 2021) to clarify the further procedure in summer term 2021.
- The length of the lectures varies slightly among the universities, on average it is about one hour including discussion.
- The Lectures are expected to be held mainly in an online format. Thereby the participating universities will implement it individually, so that online modes (live, record etc.), duration or language of the lectures may vary. You can already indicate your preferences in the online survey. These will be taken into account during the selection process.
Do you have any further questions or would you like to participate as a university yourself? Then please feel free to contact the Lectures for Future coordination, opens in new window or learn more about the Lectures for Future on the Scientists for Future, opens an external URL in a new window website and on social media, opens an external URL in a new window.
The participating universities
Johannes Kepler University, Linz; Vienna University of Technology; University of Applied Arts, Vienna; University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna; University of Vienna; University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna; Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration; University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna; IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems; University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol; (University of Salzburg) with the coordination at TU Vienna in 2020/2021 (Helena Bernhardt, Wouter Dorigo, Christian Peer)