Research Units of the Institute of Material Technology, Building Physics, and Building Ecology
E207-01 Building Materials
Head: Univ.Prof. Agathe Robisson, opens an external URL in a new window PhD
- Materials research, materials testing, construction chemistry and building restoration
- Structural fire protection, fire simulations and modelling, computational science in fire
- Resource management of building materials, sustainability and recycling
E207-02 Building Physics
Head: Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Thomas Bednar, opens an external URL in a new window
- Safety concepts and service life prognosis for the planning of components and buildings
- Simulation and measurement methods for room acoustics, building acoustics and environmental noise prediction
- Virtual cities for sustainable and energy-efficient development of the built environment
E207-03 Ecological Building Technologies
Head: Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Azra Korjenic, opens an external URL in a new window
- Ecological and renewable building materials and constructions: Optimisation/new development, laboratory and in situ investigations, area of application, functional capability, durability and properties (TU Eco-Field Test Bed).
- Greening of buildings indoors and outdoors, green and smart cities, multifunctional façade and roof systems, interaction between building, society and environment
- In situ and laboratory measurements: Insulation, humidity, CO2, thermography, comfort / microclimate and much more.