For the first time, the Online GEO Day took place over a week and brought the GEO Department into many classrooms across the country from January 29 to February 2. AHS and HTL students from Lower Austria to Tyrol were able to watch presentations by our scientists and take a look at the world of geoinformation, remote sensing, surveying and much more.
A big thank you goes to the lecturers, who presented their topic in a school lesson and answered numerous questions from the pupils.
The school classes were able to watch these presentations:
- Die Erde verstehen mit Satelliten
- Digital twin in the pocket - 3D Modelle mit dem Smartphone
- Den Klimawandel beobachten mit Satelliten
- Satelliten, GPS und dein Smartphone
- Unsere Digitale Welt - Augmented Reality, KI und der geografische Raum
- Wie man mit Karten die Welt retten kann
We look forward to welcoming many visitors to the upcoming on-site GEO Day on April 11 from 13:00 in the Freihaus building at TU Wien.
See you soon or see you next year with new and exciting lectures!
You can find more information about GEO-Day 2024 at TU Wien here: Website GEO-Tag, opens in new window