2.5 G control + recommendation PCR test
- Access to TUW buildings is still only permitted by passing the 2.5 G access control (incl. QR code registration!) (main entrances Mon - Sat 06:00 - 23:00 + marked side entrances in January; closed on Sundays and public holidays).
- All persons are strongly asked to take a PCR test before returning to their place of work or study, just to be on the safe side. TU staff members can still pick up Gurgeltestkits at the TUW-security desks at any time.
FFP2 mask obligation outdoor_indoor + 2 m safety distance + hygiene
- The permanent wearing of a FFP2 mask is mandatory and applies outdoors and indoors in public areas at TU Wien (corridors, courtyards, auditorium, elevator, waiting areas, communication zones, etc.) as well as continuously during the course or exam in the lecture hall/teaching room/laboratory.
- FFP2 masks must also be worn at office workplaces where there is more than 1 person in the room and close contact with colleagues or customers.
- A safety distance of 2 m must be maintained wherever several people may come together at TUW (e.g. waiting areas, entrances/exits, communication or learning zones).
- Continue to remember hygiene measures such as hand washing, surface disinfection, and sneeze/cough etiquette.
To maintain system workability, use the TUW home office policy regulation wherever possible and appropriate, and plan to combine it with the already proven cohort policy in sensitive areas.
Teaching and exam operations
Planning for this will continue as before Christmas until the start of the semester break, ie:
- Courses in Bachelor's programs will remain in Distance Learning (due to the high number of participants).
- Master courses can continue to take place as before.
- Courses with a group size of up to 25 persons can continue to be held in attendance in both the Bachelor's and Master's programs.
- Laboratory exercises and practical courses (LU and PR) with an approved security concept will take place as before.
- Examinations will take place on-site and/or online as planned.
- In general, every second seat (yellow sticker) may be occupied and the FFP2 mask wearing obligation must be observed.
- With regard to studyability, please make sure, as before, that students have sufficient time to switch between face-to-face and online courses during the changeover. We therefore continue to recommend a block-by-block changeover according to the timetable.
- Important for courses and exams in presence: Students AND lecturers must also register in the lecture hall with QR code and - where possible - also enter the seat number (lecturers please enter the seat number 0). This facilitates and accelerates contact tracing and the possibility of notification of affected groups of persons in the event of reported cases of infection.
It is strongly recommend that internal events planned for January should be cancelled or conducted via video conference. If this is not possible, these events are to be held as before only under the strictest safety conditions, i.e. with FFP2 mask, 2 m safety distance and strict G-controls.
TU Vaccination point
Booster vaccination is the best protection against Omicron. Take advantage of the offer for booster vaccination (3rd part corona vaccination) at the TU Vaccination point on Campus Karlsplatz.