The TU Wien participates in the Viennese programme "Alles gurgelt" (everything gargles) and can now also offer all TUW students voluntary PCR self-testing by the gargling method for home use, in addition to the municipal offer of test streets, pharmacies and cold check boxes, opens an external URL in a new window.
Test kits for TUW students
Starting today, March 22, 2021, test kits are ready for you as a TU student to pick up in all Vienna BIPA branches.
Advantages: Digital laboratory result within 24 hours, result can only be retrieved in person, 72-hour medical validity, recognised, multilingual laboratory result, e.g. for border crossings.
If you would like to take advantage of this TUW test offer, the following must be done:
- Register by providing your mobile number and PIN for TU Wien 5065 at https://allesgurgelt.at/teilnahme. A link will be sent to the given mobile number as an SMS within one day.
- Pressing the link in the SMS opens a barcode in the browser. This code entitles you to collect the weekly quantity of 2 test sets per person in the household (but no more than 8) from a Viennese BIPA branch free of charge.
- After the samples have been taken, they can be returned to Viennese BIPA shops.
- A test result will be sent to the persons within 24 hours if it is handed in at a Viennese BIPA branch before 09:00.
- FAQ and Service Centre: The project "Alles gurgelt" is implemented with the logistics partners BIPA/REWE and Österreichische Post AG. The samples are collected via BIPA shops and transported by the post office to the Lifebrain COVID laboratory, where the analysis takes place. FAQs can be found at https://www.lead-horizon.com/alles-gurgelt. In addition, the Service Centre can be reached by telephone +43 1 90 22 3 or in writing firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday to Sunday from 08:00 to 22:00.