Research Group for Environmental Analytics
We focus on the analyses of particulate matter and trace gases in the troposphere and we trace these compounds on their way into cloud droplets, precipitation and the snow cover.
Embedded in the Faculty of Chemistry of TU Wien, we use the cooperation with our colleagues and the access to many methods of chemical, physical and biological analytics to provide innovative contributions to cutting-edge research questions in the field of air quality and atmospheric research in the clean and polluted environment.
Main research topics
- Mineral dust – analyses and impact
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and where to find them
- Precipitation chemistry in Austria
- Aerosols and cloud water at the Sonnblick Observatory
- Ammonia – ubiquitous and of high impact