The Research Unit of Higher Geodesy of the Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation at TU Wien is seeking a motivated
Project assistant (Pre-doc / Post-doc)
for a 30h/week employment.
- Research in the field of satellite navigation
- Project work and assistance in the administration of research projects
- Publication activities
- Participation in and organization of scientific events
- Supervision of student theses
- Completion of a relevant master's degree (Pre-doc) or doctorate (Post-doc)
- Good programming skills
- Experience in research on GNSS signal processing
- Organizational and analytical skills, as well as a structured approach to work
- Interest and joy in research and working with students
- Team spirit and problem-solving skills
- Experience in project management is advantageous
- Diverse and exciting tasks in a collegial team
- Hybrid working model with up to 60% home office possibility
- Possibility to enroll in the PhD program of TU Wien (for Pre-docs)
- Broad internal and external training opportunities, various career options
- Central location and good accessibility (U1/U4 Karlsplatz)
TU Wien aims to increase the proportion of women, especially in leadership positions, and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. Remuneration is in accordance with the Collective Agreement for University Employees and is currently at least EUR 34,412 gross/year for Pre-docs and EUR 45,695 gross/year for Post-docs with a weekly employment of 30 hours. Activity-related prior service times may be taken into account. The position is limited to 2.5 years. There is the possibility of a contract extension.
If this job opportunity aligns with your career plans, we look forward to receiving your application in English or German (cover letter, curriculum vitae, relevant publications and references) in a single PDF file by email with the subject "GNSS Data Scientist" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate selection will start on February 15th, 2024 and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
TU Wien will not refund any cost occurred in the course of an application.
Ass. Prof. Dr. Gregor Möller
Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation
Research Area of Higher Geodesy
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8/E 120-04