Project management has become an indispensable part of everyday professional life, regardless of whether it is a privately run company, an NGO, an NPO or a research institution.
Today, more than ever, organizations are confronted with dynamic changes in the environment and changing requirements. The ability to act quickly and flexibly has become all the more important. Project management develops and secures this ability at the same time.
For good reason, more and more companies are demanding that their employees have a profound knowledge of project management. The same also applies to public tenders and funding agencies, which require applicants to demonstrate project management competence in addition to specialist knowledge. A specialized training at the ACE of the TU Wien according to the guidelines of the International Project Management Association IPMA stands for the highest quality in project management training. Employees benefit from this as well as companies and research institutions.
Our seminar comprehensively prepares participants for the internationally recognized certification exams IPMA Level D (Junior Project Manager), C (Project Manager) or B (Senior Project Manager). The contents are taught by lecturers with many years of experience and in accordance with the current guidelines and examination requirements.
Your ACE Benefits
- Application and implementation-oriented course content
- Intensive preparation for successfully passing the IPMA certification exam incl. fully planned project for certification according to IPMA (Level B or C)
- Management reflection of the contents
- Exchange and networking opportunities within the framework of the seminar as well as the TU Wien ACE
- On-site classes centrally located at TU Wien
Key Learnings & Target Group
The contents of our compact program support you in a practice-oriented way in expanding and professionalizing your project management know-how. The seminar is aimed at all persons who intend to delve intensively into the topic of project management.
The objectives of the seminar are to teach the project management process according to IPMA standards (IPMA Baseline and ICB 4.0), to ensure the transfer into practice and thus to prepare the participants in the best possible way for the certification according to IPMA level B, C or D.
You will be able to plan, track and complete your projects using MS Project. You will be able to present a complete planned project for certification according to IPMA (Level B or C).
After completing the seminar, you will have acquired the following competencies:
- You know the basic approach to project management according to IPMA and which advantages project management offers as a business process.
- You know the process model and the contents of project management (project start, coordination, controlling, marketing, closing and the handling of project crises).
- You know which project management methods are used in the individual processes of project management and can apply them in practice.
- You are able to identify possible "stumbling blocks" in advance and thus reduce the risk of failure.
- You are to distinguish which project complexity requires which methods.
- You know how to put together a project team and how to manage the team adequatly in different situations
- You will be able to communicate the benefits of projects as effectively as possible to stakeholders (clients, funding agencies, interest groups, etc.).
- You know what to do in case of a project crisis or how to reduce the probability of project crises.
- You are able to fulfill your role as a team member in a project in an optimal way.
- You are able to plan, control, coordinate and successfully complete projects independently and on your own responsibility (Level B+C).
- You can independently prepare the report for the Level B+C certification and present it to the assessor.
- You will be able to use project management software (MS Project) in relation to the following areas of project management: Planning of contents, deadlines, dependencies, capacity planning, cost planning, project controlling.
- You will be able to perform practical elaboration of your own projects in Project Studio in a team.
- You will be able to present your project in front of Project Board.
- Practitioners with or without a technical background who commission, implement and participate in projects.
- Individuals who want to learn about professional project management.
- Individuals who are seeking certification as a Project Management Associate (Level D), Project Manager (Level C) or Senior Project, Program or Portfolio Manager (Level B) through Projekt Management Austria.
- Graduates of the TU Wien
- Employees of the TU Wien
Our lecturers have a scientific background with many years of relevant training experience. They combine theoretical input with a strong focus on practical implementation.
Walter Mayrhofer has been appointed FH professor in January 2021, he has been Head of Research at the university of applied sciences since October 2020, and is thus responsible for its entire research agendas. He also serves as Head of Research Center Digital Economy.
He studied electrical engineering as well as business administration, law and economics at TU Wien, engineering management at the University of Colorado at Boulder and completed an MBA program at Danube University Krems.
Between 2017 and 2020 Walter Mayrhofer worked as a research associate at the TU Wien and prior to that as Head of Research at FH Burgenland and Fraunhofer Austria, and as Managing Director of FTI Burgenland GmbH, Forschung Burgenland GmbH and “die angewandte” Continuing Education GmbH, the continuing education institution of the University of Applied Arts Vienna and Danube University Krems.
Karl Wagner has been Managing Director of procon Unternehmensberatung GmbH since 1997. He is also a board member of the Society for Process Management and Project Management Austria. Karl Wagner teaches at the Danube University Krems, at the Institute of Management Sciences of the TU Wien, at the University of Applied Sciences Vienna and at the Technikum Wien. His academic background is in mechanical engineering with a specialization in management science. Wagner is the winner of the Trainer Award 2006 of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce.
Certificate of attendance from the TU Wien and certificate for 8 ECTS credits (if the entire course is completed, including performance record).
Application and implementation-oriented teaching content & management reflection of the content.
Lecture/theoretical input, case studies, discussions, project/group work, presentations, short/impulse speeches, brainstorming. Explanation of IPMA compliant project elaboration.
Introduction to MS-Project by means of Project Case, elaboration of own projects in Project Studio (individually over the summer), presentation to Project Board.
FRI-SAT, November 11 - 12, 2022
FRI-SAT, December 09 - 10, 2022
FRI, January 13, 2023
Additional dates April - June 2022 in planning.
TU Wien, on-site
- Participation Fee
The participation fee is EUR 2.390 (VAT-free, excl. travel and accommodation expenses). For ACE-Alumni a reduced participation fee of EUR 2.090 (VAT-free, excl. travel and accommodation expenses) applies.
A Windows laptop to install MS Project is recommended for participation. The software can be obtained from the TU Wien. If you do not have access to a Windows laptop, we will try to find an alternative solution for you.
The seminar will be held in German.
English programs are planned for summer semester 2023.
Next Program Start on site at TU Wien:
April - June 2022 (dates coming soon)
October 2022 - January 2023 (dates defined)
Program Language: German
English program coming 2023!
Mag. Christine Hudetz, MA
T +43 664 60588 7788
For safe continuing education without Corona
Right now, it is our great concern to provide you with continuing education in a professional and safe way. For this reason, our programs will take place under the following security measures during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Virtual info events & individual counseling sessions
- Online application processes
- 2,5G rule “vaccinated, PCR-tested, recovered"
- FFP2 masks recommended