As part of its internal continuing education programme, TU Wien offers all employees competence-based. These serve to strengthen job-related and interdisciplinary competences as well as leadership skills. All programmes are exclusively for employees of TU Wien. In addition to the development of competences, participation also promotes networking between employees from different institutes and departments and contributes to diversity in practice.
Training and education serve to strengthen job-related and interdisciplinary competences and are designed and carried out specifically to meet the needs of the staff. For this purpose, there is an advisory service on content-related, conceptual and methodological issues, and trainers can be arranged if required. In training courses, professional competences and their area-specific implementation possibilities can be developed, for example, personal time management, taking into account organisation-specific framework conditions and team pouvoir. Qualification programmes for specific target groups can consist of several thematically and content-related training courses.
Where can I find further information?
our external continuing education - see below
Registration for courses at TISS
External partners: TU Wien cooperates with a pool of professional and popular trainers, which is constantly being expanded if new expertise is needed. Each of our external trainers must have gender and diversity competence, which must be proven through further training.
Internal partners: Our TU internal experts provide valuable information and knowledge transfer from their fields of work and competences by holding various seminars.
BOKU University: Since 2016, we established a cooperation with the BOKU Wien. Both our employees and colleagues from BOKU can attend selected seminars and workshops at the corresponding university and thus continue their education and networking across universities.
Under certain conditions, the TU Wien also supports its employees in further education, which is held by external providers.
Procedure: An application form must be filled out for each external continuing education course after the employee interviews. As part of the annual budget planning, please submit the form for all external continuing education courses of an organizational unit to the HR Department.
In order to process external training within your area of responsibility, department heads will receive an e-mail with relevant information twice a year.
Institutes can submit an application using the Excel, opens a file in a new window application list.
If you are applying for financial support, please observe the relevant guidelines (see documents).
Overview of the cooperation partners and links to the respective offers.
The same general conditions regarding financial support apply here as for external further education.
Continuing Education Center of the TU Wien
Since 2005, the Continuing Education Center, opens an external URL in a new window (CEC) of the TU Wien has been the central institution for all (postgraduate) university programs and continuing education courses. We currently offer various Master's programs (Master of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Engineering) and university courses dealing with topics of technology, management and leadership. Depending on the thematic focus, the individual programs are related to either the Engineering School, opens an external URL in a new window or the Management School, opens an external URL in a new window. The postgraduate studies can be interdisciplinary and complementary on the one hand, or they can be a supplement to the previous initial studies on the other hand. In addition, the CEC portfolio includes seminars, opens an external URL in a new window of several days' duration on topics from the special fields of the TU Wien.
Accreditations by recognised international institutions mark the high quality of postgraduate education at the TU Wien. In addition to the transfer of current and future-oriented knowledge, students and alumni benefit from a lively alumni network.
Federal Academy of Public Administration
TU Wien supports employees (including temporary and project staff) in acquiring the necessary German language skills for their tasks, and therefore contributes the following amounts from the budget of the External Continuing Education (EWB)
- 50% of the German course costs: The basis is the Language Centre of the University of Vienna (this is 180 Euros for a 4-hour semester course; the employees can choose the training institute themselves, but there is a maximum of 180 Euros for a semester course, for shorter courses 50% of the course costs), if the following criteria apply:
- In principle, we only support language courses that are in the interest of the employer and are also paid by the employer (the invoice must be made out to the TU Wien, no refunding of an invoice to the employee, this has income tax reasons)
- There is no equivalent internal PE
- The PE supports rounded 100 teaching units for courses from one level to the next (A1->A2->B1->B2->C1->C2).
- It is necessary for employees to pass an exam at the end of the course (a rebooking of a cost grant from the TU Wien to the specified cost center/SAP internal order will only be made after a positive certificate/proof of language competence has been submitted).
- PreDocs are supported by the PE up to level C1.
- C2 (native language level) is only supported for employees in career positions or for appointed professors.
The Institute must submit an application for external continuing education using the form provided (Excel, opens a file in a new window).
German courses are offered, for example:
The human resources development program of the TU Wien offers different formats for a wide range of conditions. In order to meet as many needs as possible, we offer the following virtual formats, which are also coordinated with the respective contents.
- Presence: An offer that is held at a certain time and place by a trainer in the personal presence of the participants.
- E-learning: An offer that can be completed independently and flexibly in terms of time and space and is available on TUWEL, e.g. a learning video.
- Webinar: A virtual offer, which is held by a trainer in a certain time frame.
- Hybrid: An offer that is held simultaneously as webinars and face-to-face sessions.
- Blended learning: an offer consisting of presence and e-learning elements
Take a look at our program in TISS and choose: would you prefer to work at your own pace, do you appreciate working in groups, do you want variety, there is something for everyone.
E-Learning-Elemente, die Sie eigenständig in TUWEL absolvieren können, sind in TISS mit *E-Learning* gekennzeichet.
The Competence Catalogue (=Infosheet on Functional Description) describes the most important core competences that the employees of the TU Wien need for the successful performance of their tasks.
The Excel form for your organizational unit is available here., opens a file in a new window
If a repayment agreement is necessary, these documents apply: