Master's Programme Environmental Engineering
- Programme Code
UE 066 566 - Master's Programme Environmental Engineering
- Duration of Programme
Master of Science (MSc)
Current environmental issues such as climate change, air and water pollution, shortage of resources at a time of increasing waste production, and disastrous flooding pose enormous challenges for society, science and technology. There is an increasing demand for experts, whose skills are not limited to the application of a single type of technical solution, but who are able to identify, analyse and solve today’s complex problems in the context of society, the environment and technology.
The master’s programme builds on the foundation laid down by the bachelor's programme Environmental Engineering curriculum. It offers you an opportunity to specialize in one of the core environmental engineering disciplines. The curriculum comprises modules aimed at broadening your basic knowledge (for example in such fields as geodesy and geoinformation, energy technology, risk assessment, engineering hydrology, resource management, environmental ethics and technological impact assessment), as well as electives enabling you to specialize in two of the following four areas:
- Geodata – acquisition and processing
- Environmental risks – air quality and climate
- Environmental risk – water
- Resource management and sanitary engineering
Graduates of the master’s programme have a broad mastery of fundamentals and a real depth of expertise in their areas of specialisation. They are ready to communicate with specialists of other environmental disciplines and they can use their skills to act in a sustainable and holistic way.
The curriculum has been tailored to the needs of a new generation of engineers and joins together the “knowledge profiles” of the generalist and the specialist.
Graduates are qualified for the following tasks:
- Applied research and development in the environmental industry as well as in universities and other research institutions
- Leading role in environmental projects in the areas of water, waste and resource management, air quality and air purification, climate protection, environmental-related geographical information, environmental technology as well as in the public sector
- Environmental officer
- Acquisition and processing of geodata for various environmental applications
- Analysis and assessment of environmental risks for air quality and climate, and identification of solutions
- Analysis, assessment and modelling of environmental risks in the area of water, both in quantitative and qualitative respects, and the identification of solutions
- Undertaking design activities in the field of water, sanitary and resource management
Graduates of the bachelor's programme Environmental Engineering course are automatically admitted. Admission of those holding other degrees will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may be made contingent upon successful completion of additional subjects.
Dean of Academic Affairs
Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.-Ing.
More Information and Contact
Dean's office of Faculty for Civil Engineering
Staircase 1, 1st floor
Student Union Civil and Environmental Engineering
Staircase 7, 3rd floor