Research Information Systems
The TU Wien is committed to its role as a research university and is continuously evolving its scope of activities. Research at a high international level requires efficient support as well as continuous monitoring and analysis of the research output via user-friendly research information systems oriented towards the needs of researchers.
The division of Research Information Systems supports TU Wien in this ongoing profile sharpening within the framework of regular evaluations and continuous analyses and guides the strategic development of the research information systems at TU Vienna.
Central tasks of the Service Unit:
- To ensure that research performance is recorded according to requirements
- To analyse the TU Wien research matrix as well as prepare and develop an information concept for the research focal areas at TU Wien
- To improve and maintain consistent reporting in research & innovation including documentation and knowledge management
- To provide continuous monitoring and support in the redefinition of research output performance measurement (‘responsible metrics’)
- To improve and develop digital research support and user-friendly research administration
- To act as a contact point for researchers for issues related to the content and structure of the research portal
- To participate in activities and coordination of cooperation projects with FTI Support areas
- To network internationally on the topic of research information systems