Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is becoming more and more important. CSR are a company’s self-given goals regarding social, economical and ecological responsibilities. In the past years the pressure on companies increased to address this topic, because not only financial performance is sufficient for obtaining a rising share price, but also the action on sustainability and the environment. Therefore there is a higher sensitivity in the company management to the issue of CSR and by achieving sustainability and environmental aspects. 97% of the CSR goals count to a facility manager’s field of functions (according to GEFMA 100-2).
The IFM Team carries out research on the following topics:
- Which data is necessary to reach both, the environmental and social goals?
- How can data be captured in a valid and efficient way?
- How can data be made available to optimize energy usage and well-being?
- What are the CSR goals and how they overlap with FM activities?
- How can FM help to reach the CSR goals of companies?