Information and services
- Appointment procedure for university professors
- Replacement procedures for assistant positions
- Advertising procedure
- Recruitment procedure
- Information relevant to service and statutory pay legislation
- Information relevant to employment legislation
- Creating a staff index
- Calculating demand and budgeting
- IT and forms management in connection with employment and training relationships
- Issuing notice for academic staff
- Creating employment contracts for assistants
- Advising staff members on questions of service, statutory pay and employment legislation
- Implementing measures relevant to social security legislation
- Dealing with requests to award an allowance for the risk of radiation exposure or infection, and a travel allowance
- Advising and instigating all the necessary measures in accordance with maternity protection and paternal leave legislation
- Establishing an entitlement to compensation and/or holiday compensation, as well as any payment instruction
- Dealing with the Federal Pension Office in requests for taking retirement
- Issuing service certificates
Assistant jobs are advertised every Thursday in the month in the University Gazette, opens an external URL in a new window at TU Wien. The application deadline is three weeks after publication. Only applications received during this period can be considered.
The application of the future is explicitly digital, so all current vacancies at TU Wien can be found using this link, opens an external URL in a new window.
Please ask the relevant institute for detailed information of enclosures that should be included with the job application!
Further information can be found at the Application Management Service Unit.
TU Wien basically distinguishes between:
- Posts for assistants with a completed doctorate (postdoctoral position)
- Posts for assistants with a completed Master's degree, postgraduate degree or Diploma (predoctoral position)
After the selection procedure: Assistants are appointed by the Rector and can justify their contractual relationship on any day in the month (apart from Saturday, Sunday and public holidays).
The gross monthly pay for assistants with a Doctorate is € 4.061,50 for full-time employment (2022).
Assistants with a completed Master's degree, post-graduate degree or Diploma are mostly accepted for employment of 30 hours a week with gross monthly pay amounting to € 2.294,00 (2022).
From the fourth year of employment onwards, the gross monthly pay due for working 30 hours a week amounts to
€ 2.719,50 (2022).
Travel and accommodation costs:
We trust that applicants understand that any travel or accommodation costs that may arise during the selection and admission process cannot be reimbursed.