CEEPUS is the short form for Central European Exchange Program for University Studies and is a multilateral University exchange program in the extended Danube region based on an international Agreement between following member states: Albania, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.

Information for CEEPUS INCOMING Students

It is possible to study at TU Wien in the framework of the CEEPUS program (Network or Freemover, opens an external URL in a new window). The prerequisite is the CEEPUS Letter of Award and a Language Certificate.

Detailed Information and Application: www.ceepus.info/content/apply, opens an external URL in a new window.

NB! The International Office is allowed to sign the first part of the CEEPUS application form about the tuition fee waver. For signature send your form to exchangein@tuwien.ac.at. For the 2nd part about the academic supervisor, we ask you to contact the institute / or professor of your interest on your own. Send a short description of your interests, your transcript of records and CV. You may be successful - however, there is no guarantee that he/she will accept it.

A list of our Faculties and Institutes can be found at https://www.tuwien.at/en/tu-wien/organisation/faculties-and-institutes/, opens an external URL in a new window

Academic program: https://tiss.tuwien.ac.at/curriculum/studyCodes.xhtml?locale=en&windowId=987, opens an external URL in a new window

How to search for courses held in English, opens in new window.

For information about CEEPUS grant please contact your National CEEPUS office.

Registration and Admission to TU Wien

If you have received the CEEPUS Letter of Award, please register online in our Mobility Services Portal at https://tiss.tuwien.ac.at/mobility, opens an external URL in a new window under “SONSTIGES/OTHERS” (Program name: CEEPUS / study code “033…” = Bachelor | „066…“ = Master |  “7…” PhD).

Please upload there the Letter of Award and your language certificate.

Language requirements

  • You need to submit a language certificate for the language(s) you intend doing courses in. The minimum level is B1 for both German and English. Should you study in a German or English-speaking country you're exempt from the requirement to provide a certificate for German or English respectively. The certificate can be issued by a school, university, language institute and needs to be written in German or English, clearly stating your CEFR level (B1, B2, C1,C2).
  • You only want to do courses in English? We need at least a B1 English certificate.
  • You only want to do courses in German? We need at least a B1 German certificate. We recommend an excellent command of German at level B1-B2. Should you be in doubt about your current level take a German course before or during your exchange at TU Wien.
  • You are doing courses both in German and English? We need a certificate for at least B1 German and English B1. Should you not have one of the certificates available at the time of applying then you can send us your certificate until the time you send us your learning agreement.


You have to take care of health insurance valid in Austria. TU Wien does not provide health insurance! Third-country nationals must provide proof of this for their residence title anyway / EU citizens can use their European Health Insurance Card.

Please note: TU Wien can only provide accident and liability insurance if you are enrolled at TU Wien. With enrolment you have to pay the students union fee and then you are covered by the union’s accident and liability insurance. This insurance also covers accidents during journeys made for work purposes and accidents on commute to and from work.

Contact at IO

Incoming Services
Tel.: +43 (0)1 58801 41550 (Simone Haselbauer) or 41509 (Arina Siniktutova)