A.o. Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. techn. Manfred Grafinger
Dr. Manfred Grafinger was born in Vienna in 1966, studied mechanical engineering at the TU Wien and received his doctorate in 1996 with excellent results.In 2011 he completed his habilitation in the subject of "Virtual Product Development".
During his scientific work at the Institute for Engineering Design at the TU Wien, publications on the following topics were created: Deformations and loads on Bowden cable covers; Geometric representation of general gear teeth for screw machines; Development and optimization of special gears; Integrated FE simulation in product development; FE simulations of fiber composite materials; Calculation of wound interference fits in axial flow machines; Data preparation on edge devices in production; SYSML in the multi-domain simulation.
Currently, Dr. Grafinger is the interim chair for the research area of mechanical engineering informatics and virtual product development at the TU Wien.
- 307.414 VO Virtual Product Development
- 307.420 PR Project Work Virtual Product Development
- 307.422 UE Virtual Product Development
- 307.450 VU Methodology of 3D-CAD Engineering
- 307.452 UE Maschinenelemente Engineering Design Training
- 307.490 VO Product Lifecycle Management
- 307.491 UE Product Lifecycle Management
- 307.417 VO Integrative Product Creation
- Virtual product development, comparison of different CAD/CAE systems.
- CAD/CAE training of students with CATIA V5 and other systems.
- Structural analysis with linear and nonlinear finite element methods.
- Strength calculations with FEM for mechanical engineering and welded structures
- Classical calculation and design of machine parts.
- Gear drives, calculation, design, housing optimization with FEM
- Geometry of special gears for screw compressors
- Programming of calculation software
Ao.Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Manfred Grafinger
Head, Service Unit of CAD/PC Lab