Information and services
We are responsible for handling the lecture fees for employees in teaching roles in accordance with Article 51 of the Salaries Act (Gehaltsgesetz) and for the payment of assistants for teaching under the "old service legislation" Article 52 Section 1 of the Salaries Act, as well as those on parental leave and teaching staff, that is, lecturers without a contract, emeritus professors, honorary professors, retired professors.
Additional activities are proportional entries in cost allocation for project assistants appointed to teach, and advice including calculating all matters relating to teaching.
Reviewing and entering secondary employment and bonuses from third-party funding also come under our remit.
- Teaching-related payment for internal academic staff
- Proportional entries in cost allocation for third-party staff appointed to teach
- Recording and payment of the teaching of emeritus and retired professors, as well as honorary professors and staff taking parental leave who are engaged to teach
- Reviewing and entering secondary employment and bonus payments
- Payment of external public officials with lecture fees
- Advising, including calculating all matters in connection with teaching roles
Depending on the employment or service contract, some employee groups are due a separate teaching payment for holding courses:
- Employees in a teaching role who have a public official service contract (Beamtendienstverhältnis) receive lecture fees to pay for teaching.
- Payment of teaching to assistants with whom separate payment for teaching has been agreed in the employment contract "based on contract staff legislation (VBG)".
- Payment for teaching by externals, that is lecturers without a contract, emeritus professors, honorary professors, retired professors.
- Recording and paying employees on parental leave who are engaged to teach.
The lecture fee is transferred for university professors and lecturers who are public officials in accordance with Article 51 of the Salaries Act and for assistants under the "old service legislation" Article 52 of the Salaries Act, Section 1.
If the entrustment box is checked in TISS, payment is made for university professors and lecturers in 4 monthly instalments:
Winter semester: October – January
Summer semester: April – July
The payment for university assistants in accordance with "old service legislation" is made in 6 monthly instalments:
Winter semester: October – March
Summer semester: April – September
Separate payment for teaching
Assistants who have not yet been moved to the new collective agreement will be paid for teaching in 6 monthly instalments under the Contract Staff Act (Vertragsbedienstetengesetz), Salaried Employees Act (Angestelltengesetz) and the Directives.