Working group - Bauer
We are interested in the following research areas:
- 1981: Diploma in Technical Physics, TU Wien
- 1984: Doctor of Technical Sciences at the TU Wien
- 1991: Venia Legendi (professorial dissertation) at the TU Wien, subject: "Solid State Physics"
- since 1981- Assistant at the Institute for Experimental Physics (since 2002:Institute of Solid State Physics), TU Wien, Austria
- since 1991 - Univ. Dozent, Assistant Professor
- since October 1, 1997 – Associate Professor
- May 2007 to December 2020: chairman of the curricula commission "Technische Physik" at TU Wien
- October 2009: Appointment to Univ.Prof.
Research Activities and Results:
- Highly correlated electron systems, superconductors, spin fluctuation systems, rare earth intermetallic compounds
- Development of high pressure, high field and low temperature equipment
- Leader of 10 research projects of the Austrian Science Foundation
- FWF, 4 projects at FFG, 1 NEDO project (Japan), 1 EU project, leader of the "Christian Doppler Laboratory of Thermoelectricity (2013 - 2020)
- About 450 papers in international journals and contributions to international conferences
- Member of the International Advisory Board of „Strongly Correleated Electron Systems“, ICM’06, ICM'09, LT25, etc.
- Chairman of the SCES’05 (Vienna, 2005)
- chairman of COST P16, „ECOM“ (more than 50 groups from 25 European countries)
- Chairman of the SCTE'18 (Vienna, 2018)
- Basic courses for physics- and computer science students during the 2., 3. and 4. semester
- Lecture on „Material Science“ (since 2004)
- Lectures on “Highly Correlated Electron Systems“ (since 1988)
- Supervision of Diploma and Ph.D. students.
More information about this working group can be found on the personal pages of Ernst Bauer, opens an external URL in a new window.