In order to increase the share of women in the research unit Remote Sensing (RS) at the Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation (GEO), we areoffering a Women4Geo summer job to a female student who is interested in remote sensing.
The RS unit engages in fundamental remote sensing research and develops methods, algorithms and open source code in Python for processing remote sensing data in order to generate value-added products such as soil moisture, vegetation optical depth, wetland maps, drought-warning indicators, and others. Furthermore, the group develops novel applications by collaborating with scientists from many other fields such as hydrology, climate change, meteorology and agronomy.
You will support one of the teams in specific research projects dealing with the topics described above. Please see our projects and our recent publications for reference. We ask you to write a short proposal about the specific topic you would be most interested working on. Details of the tasks will be defined upon start of the contract based on your qualifications and interests.
- a full-time summer job for two months (40 hours per week)
- a work space in our department
- access to our data and infrastructure
- flexible working hours, a stimulating and friendly working environment and a motivated team.
Please apply if you are
- a bachelor or master student in the fields of geodesy, geoinformation, geosciences or similar disciplines
- familiar with the data we are working with and projects we are involved in
- confident that your technical and programming expertise (python) fits our needs.
The application should include:
- a motivation letter including the area/project/topic you would like to contribute to
- your CV, including information on your technical, programming and remote sensing experience
- the keyword Women4Geo in the subject of the email.
The salary for this position is based on the Austrian regulations for university staff. The monthly minimum salary will be 2.599,20 € (gross, based on full-time employment).
If you are interested, please send your application with the subject “Women4Geo” to email@example.com 15.02.2024.
International applications are welcome. However, we cannot offer any support in travel, accommodation and visa matters.