The funding serves the support for necessary expenses within the scope of the PhD study – in particular for study trips abroad, for the participation in national and international scientific congresses and for scientific publications.
The payment to the Prize Winner is carried out by the TU Wien Research Centre Energy and Environment against proof of the appropriate and tender-conform expenditures.
- inscription of a PhD study at TU Wien
- excellent achievements during the study career (bachelor, master)
- formulation of a thesis in the TUW research focal area energy and environment
Award of the Sponsorship
The submissions are examined by a jury with representatives of the Lions Club and the TU Wien. The Prize Winner will be announced in June, 2022.
Application and Contact
Applications can be submitted directly at https://www.tuwien.at/en/research/funding-opportunities/awards/lions-sponsorship/lions-sponsorship-2022/2022-lions-submission.
The submission documents have to contain:
- A motivation letter (in particular need and demonstration of use of the subsidies, PhD Topic, supervisor, institute)
- An abstract of maximum 2 pages with details about the scientific work with respect to the thesis (working title, statement of the personal methodical contribution and the new research aspects)
- Curriculum vitae
- Confirmation of enrolment
- University certificates
- A detailed publication list (SCI/non SCI)
The deadline for submissions is 31 March 2022.