Due to the Austria-wide lockdown some areas at the TU Wien will again be switched to online mode. In order to keep teaching and studying as smooth as possible, we have decided on the following regulations until the Christmas holidays:
- Courses in Bachelor's programmes in particular are to be switched to Distance Learning (due to the high number of participants).
- Master's courses can take place as before.
- Courses with a group size of up to 25 students can continue to take place in attendance in both Bachelor's and Master's programmes.
- With regard to studyability, please ensure that students have sufficient time to switch between face-to-face and online courses when switching modes. We therefore recommend a changeover in blocks according to the timetable.
- Examinations can still take place on-site and/or online as planned.
- Laboratory exercises and practical courses (LU and PR) with an approved security concept can continue to take place as before.
- In attendance, the following generally applies: every second seat (yellow sticker) may be occupied and the FFP2 mask-wearing obligation must be observed.
Important for courses and examinations in attendance
Students AND lecturers must also register in the lecture hall with the QR code and – where possible – also enter the seat number (lecturers enter 0 (zero)). This facilitates and accelerates contact tracing and the possibility of notifying the affected group of people in the event of reported cases of infection.
Reporting (suspected) case of infection
Students and staff are obliged to inform the university via the online form:
- Students: https://www.tuwien.at/en/tu-wien/corona/students/report-suspected-case
- Staff members: https://www.tuwien.at/en/tu-wien/corona/employees/report-suspected-case
Distance Learning Support
If you need assistance with the conversion to Distance Learning, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org as usual.