In order to have a safe and practical start into the coming winter semester on campus, TU Wien offers vaccination and testing opportunities. Thus, there are regulations and behavioural requirements that you must always comply with from 15 September 2021 in your own interest and in the interest of the entire TU Wien community:
Students and employees must show proof of low epidemiological risk to the security service when entering a TU building.
- Vaccinated: Proof of vaccination (complete immunisation) with an EU-approved vaccine against COVID-19 applies.
Here is also our urgent appeal to get vaccinated! The TU Wien and the City of Vienna are therefore organising a vaccination point for you at the TUW campus Karlsplatz from Monday 6 September.
- Tested: Vienna has different testing offers (entry tests: PCR self-tests, gargle boxes, test lanes, pharmacies). TU Wien provides PCR gargle tests to its students if needed. You can obtain a maximum of 3 test kits per week at the security lodges at the TUW locations by presenting your student ID and entering your name on the list. Participants of "alles gurgelt!" hand in their identity-checked test at the participating REWE shops. If this is done before 9 a.m., you will usually receive the result by the next morning. In Vienna, please note the shortened validity period of48 hours for this test result! (Note: For spontaneous testing on site, use the test offers in pharmacies near the TU, e.g. Paulanerapotheke, Wiedner Hauptstraße 18: Mon - Fri 08:00 - 14:00, Apotheke zum Hl. Geist, Operngasse 16).
- Recovered: Proof is the medical confirmation of a SARS-CoV-2 infection recovered from in the last 180 days (confirmed by molecular biology), proof of neutralising antibodies (not older than 90 days) or your certificate of segregation.
Access controls: fast lane with proof via TISS upload
You have the option of uploading your vaccination, test or recovery certificate to TISS in advance and in accordance with data protection regulations. This ensures simple and time-saving access control at the entrances ("fast lane"). We therefore recommend using this option. The security service on site will check the validity of your 3-G credential on your smartphone with the help of a specially developed TISS feature: Details about the function and structure can be found on the website url.tuwien.at/vmcxl, opens in new window, which is constantly updated. The upload of 3G-Proof will be availabled from Monday, 13th September 2021.
Of course, you can still show the 3-G proof electronically (e.g. "Grüner Pass" app of BRZ GmbH on your smartphone) or on paper together with your proof of identity at the access control in a separate lane. Please note that this check is more time-consuming and take this into account in your schedule.
Persons who do not provide 3-G proof will have no access!
- Mask: In public areas at the TU Wien (corridors, courtyards, etc.) as well as in the teaching room up to the seat, the wearing of a mask (mouth-nose-protection (MNS) or FFP2) is strongly recommended.
- QR code scan & contact person management: Mandatory QR code registration when on campus or in the lecture hall or teaching room on the seat.
- Reporting your suspected case of infection: Students are obliged to inform the university via online form: www.tuwien.at/en/tu-wien/corona/students/report-suspected-case (students) or https://www.tuwien.at/en/tu-wien/corona/employees/report-suspected-case (employees, Login required)
- Safety distance: Please keep your distance from other people
- Hygiene: Please continue to wash or disinfect your hands regularly.
Hope for the best - plan for the worst: Legal basis
The measures that the TU Wien takes within its autonomy to maintain the very high level of protection and with the help of which it would like to offer its students - especially the beginners - as much attendance as possible with exchange and active university life, find their legitimation in the Basic Data Protection Regulation, in the 2nd COVID-19 Higher Education Act and the 6th Rectorate Regulation on measures for participation in attendance lectures and examinations in the winter semester 2021/22.
The Rectorate of the TU Wien wishes you much success and joy in your studies, and a successful working day to all employees!
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the latest Corona information from the TU Wien attuwien.at/corona