Short title: Dr. Opera
Long title: Multicriteria Decision Support Framework for Orchestrating Sustainability Factors in Operation Management Strategies
Assignment to our (IMW) research priorities:
- Data Analysis
- Decision Support System
Duration: 2022 - 2023
The transition to a sustainable, human-centred and resilient European industry requires a dual transformation, encompassing both digital and green aspects. However, many manufacturing companies lack awareness of holistic sustainability strategies that encompass economic, environmental and social factors. In addition, there is a lack of accountable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure overall sustainability performance. The Dr Opera project aims to address these challenges by integrating economic, environmental and human factors to develop a novel KPI framework. It also aims to develop a knowledge-based multi-criteria decision support system for recommending sustainable operational management strategies. Through the integration of heterogeneous data and semantic modelling, the project aims to facilitate informed decision making and promote sustainability improvements in manufacturing companies. The project's pilot application focuses on industrial maintenance, with the aim of shaping sustainable decision-making, orchestrating environmental, economic and social factors, achieving cost savings through sustainable production strategies and improving the utilisation of capital assets.
- Conceptualization and development of a key performance indicator schema orchestrating economic, ecological and social sustainability factors
- Extraction of sustainability and operation management relevant information from heterogeneous data sources, using scalable data analytics and text mining
- Formulating optimization problems based on multiple sustainability-relevant input criteria
- Semantic modeling and reasoning for a human-explainable and sustainable operation management planning strategy
- Providing a framework for decision-making and recommendation of sustainable operations management strategies for improving the sustainability performance of manufacturing enterprises.
- Fraunhofer Austria (https://www.fraunhofer.at/)
- TU Wien - Forschungsgruppe Produktions- und Instandhaltungsmanagement
Dipl.-Ing. Theresa Madreiter
+43 1 58801 33051