In cooperation with FIT, we also offer visits to primary and secondary schools.
- FIT and MINT initiatives at the TU Wien (FIT – women in technology)
We offer a course for 10-year-old students (4th grade of elementary school).
- We have an extensive program in which the students get to know the basics of electrical engineering in a playful way.
- Loosened up by short lectures, the boys and girls learn about lightning (Benjamin Franklin) and the light bulb (Thomas Alva Edison). References to Austrian contributions (Auer von Welsbach) are also included.
- The event lasts about 4-5 hours and fills up a teaching morning.
We invite high school classes (13-16 years) to spend a day of classes with us at TU Wien.
- The young people learn how to solder and are allowed to assemble a device (radio, eavesdropping device) that they can take home with them.
- An educational film will be shown about Nikola Tesla, who, in addition to the alternating current we use today, also invented radio remote control. Many references to modern problems in electrical engineering are shown.
- We also offer guided tours through our laboratories.
If you are interested, please send an email to Prof. Dr. Markus Rupp.