Environmental microbiology and molecular diagnostics
The research group investigates microorganisms in natural and technological systems. The focus is on the exploration of the basic principles for a better understanding of microbiological water quality and the development/evaluation and application of relevant diagnostic procedures. The application-oriented aspect is taken into account at all times.
- The group is currently working on the following subjects:
- Diagnostics/microbiology of microbial indicators and biomarkers
- Microbial ecology of water resources
- Analysis/management of microbiological contamination
- Analysis/management of the microbiological quality of (drinking) water resources
- Management of interdisciplinary projects in the field of water & health
The group is especially interested in the application and further development of molecular biological methods.
Prof. Farnleitner holds a Joint Professorship at the TU Wien and the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences in Krems, opens an external URL in a new window
The Research Group is an integral part of the Interuniversity Cooperation Center Water and Health, opens an external URL in a new window (www.waterandhealth.at, opens an external URL in a new window) between the TU Wien, the Medical University Vienna and the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences.
The Research Group also runs the Working Group for Molecular Diagnostics, opens an external URL in a new window at the Department IFA Tulln at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Univ.Prof. Mag. Dr.rer.nat. Andreas Farnleitner MSc.Tox.
Head, Research Group for Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostics
Getreidemarkt 9, 1060 Vienna, Austria