Processes and Utilization (Elective Module)
Standard workload: at least 12.0 ECTS
Technical and methodological competencies: After completing the module, students are familiar with biotechnological, chemical and thermal processes for material- and energy conversion, as well as with the synthesis and characterization of functional materials.
Cognitive and practical competencies: Students recognize and identify the appropriate technologies and processes to convert resources sustainably and efficiently.
Social competencies and self-competencies: Knowledge of chemical conversion and storage as a precursor to renewable energy penetration.
Expected prior knowledge:
Technical and methodological competencies: Fundamentals of chemistry at bachelor level.
Cognitive and practical competencies: Interest in material- and process development.
Social competencies and self-competencies: Responsible use of material and energy resources.
Mandatory Requirements: None.
Courses of the module:
Within the framework of this elective module, students must complete courses amounting to at least 12.0 ECTS, of which at least 6.0 ECTS must be of a lecture or a seminar type.
The courses currently eligible are listed each semester in the course catalog of the respective universities. In particular, students may choose courses from the following lists of courses, according to availability. Other courses at the participating universities may be accepted for this elective module.
- 3.0/2.0 VO Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Energy Storage (TUW)
- 3.0/2.0 VO Biotechnology 2 (TUW)
- 3.0/3.0 LU Fuel and Energy Technology (TUW)
- 3.0/3.0 VO Materials for Energy (TUW)
- 3.0/2.0 VO Supramolecular Chemistry and Self-assembled Materials (TUW)
- 3.0/3.0 VO Heat Storage (TUW)
- 3.0/3.0 VO Fuel Cells (TUW)
- 3.0/2.0 VO Bioprocess Engineering (TUW)
- 3.0/2.0 VO Bioprocess Engineering – Downstream Processing (TUW)
- 2.0/2.0 VO Thermal Biomass Utilization (TUW)
- 4.0/4.0 LU Methods for Separation, Purification and Concentration of Chemical Substances (TUW)
- 3.0/2.0 VO Membrane Technology (TUW)
- 4.0/4.0 LU Elective Exercise Technological (TUW)
- 6.0/6.0 LU Elective Exercise Technological (TUW)
- 4.0/4.0 LU Elective Exercise Chemical (TUW)
- 6.0/6.0 LU Elective Exercise Chemical (TUW)
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
- 2.0/2.0 VO Biochemical reaction engineering (BOKU)
- 2.0/2.0 VO Biochemical technology (BOKU)
- 4.0/3.0 VU Bioprocess engineering I (BOKU)
- 4.0/3.0 VU Bioprocess engineering II (BOKU)
- 5.0/5.0 UE Bioprocess engineering laboratory (BOKU)
- 2.0/2.0 VS Products and processes in biotechnology (BOKU)
- 2.0/2.0 VO Engineering of biotechnological production facilities (BOKU)
- 3.0/2.0 VX Renewable energy resources (BOKU)
- 4.0/3.0 VO Biotechnology for sustainable processes and environmental protection (BOKU)
- 8.0/8.0 UE Pilot plant BioproEng (BOKU)
- 3.0/2.0 VU Automation of bioprocesses (BOKU)
University of Vienna
- 4.0/2.0 VO Colloid and Interface Science (Uni Wien)
- 6.0/6.0 PR Examples for Research: Colloid and Interface Science (Uni Wien)
- 2.0/1.0 VO Where Porous Materials Can Make an Impact: 7 Chemical Separations to Change the World (Uni Wien)
- 4.0/2.0 VO Introduction to Composites (Uni Wien)
- 6.0/6.0 PR Synthesis and Characterization of (Nano)Porous Materials (Uni Wien)
- 2.0/1.0 SE Organic Material Manufacturing (Uni Wien)
- 6.0/6.0 PR Examples for Research in Materials Science (Uni Wien)
- 4.0/4.0 PR Research Practice of Modern Methods in Materials Chemistry (Uni Wien)
- 6.0/6.0 PR Research Examples in Theoretical Materials Chemistry, Polymer Science and Characterisation (Uni Wien)