Langtitel: True_Usage - System for monitoring true usage and optimizing maintenance and inventory planning
Sponsor: "Cyber Defence und Führungsinformationssysteme", FGG
IMW Beitrag zum Projekt:
The objective is a transparent and realistic capturing of the usage profile of military logistic vehicles, based on data captured from sensors and the vehicle control systems. Building on this data sources, a realistic calculation of consequential costs of operations and maintenance as well as the dynamic adjustment of life cycle costs during operation life shall be obtained. Based on individual usage profiles, a data driven decision support system for maintenance planning will be developed. Further, a disposition model will be developed to optimize the distribution and supply of vehicles as well as spare parts according to military and economic aspects.
Usage profiles of military logistic vehicles differ fundamentally from civil vehicles due to their utilization for special tasks such as national defense, disaster assistance and peacekeeping operations. In other words, operation life is higher, mileage tends to be much lower and the characteristics of the areas of application range from first class urban roads to rural and cross country drives. The usage history is documented in multiple databases partly in paper form, which impedes a consistent, transparent and realistic capture of the true usage of an individual logistic vehicle. Therefore, effects of non-usage (e.g. material degradation, deterioration in storage, etc.) of the vehicles are not surveyed. Important aspects of asset management, such as life cycle costing, maintenance planning and disposition planning are currently based on experience and empirical values and thus error prone.
The desired result is a realistic and transparent usage profile of the examined military logistic vehicles. On that basis, the following results and benefits are expected:
- Realistic calculation of the consequential costs of operation and maintenance as well as dynamic adjustment of the life cycle costs during the operational life.
- Increase of the availability of the system by initiating predictive maintenance measures and reduction of unplanned outages
- Optimization of the availability of vehicles and spare parts through a disposition calculation based on area, time and military aspects
- Fraunhofer Austria Research GmbH
- Federal Ministry of Defence
- Messfeld GmbH
- Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Österreich GesmbH
- TU Wien, Forschungsgruppe Smart and Knowledge-Based Maintenance
Dipl.-Ing. Theresa Madreiter