USTEMs expertise and infrastructure are available to any research institution, company or private person for research and development, quality control or failure analysis at usual marktet conditions. Problem oriented and quick work of a highly motivated and experienced team assures success and competititve edge.
With our euipment pool consisting of transmission electron microscopes (TEM), scanning electron microscopes (SEM), confocal microscopy and focused ion beam (FIB) USTEM offers a broad range of service in the field of structural and chemical microanalysis.
Our service for you:
- Imaging techniques for the representation of samples with a magnification up to 1.000.000 times.
- Chemical characterisation by means of energy dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX), energy filtered TEM (EFTEM) and electron energy loss spectrometry (EELS) with a spatial resolution of 1 nm.
- Structural investigations by means of electron diffraction, convergent beam electron diffraction (CBED), electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD), high resolution TEM (HRTEM) and high resolution scanning transmission electron microscopy (HRSTEM).
- Characterisation of the electronic structure by means od electron energy loss spectrometry (EELS) and numerical simulatons.
- Characterisation of the optical properties by means of valence electron spectrometry (VEELS).
- Characterisation of magnetic properties by means of electron energy loss magnetc chiral dichrosim (EMCD) with a spatial resolution of 2 nm.
- Optical microscopy
- TEM sample preparation by the classical preparation routes (cutting, grinding, polishing, ion milling), electrolytic thinning, ultramicrotomy of FIB lamellae preparation.
You are interested - please get in contact with USTEM!