Application for Doctoral Degree and submission of doctoral theses during Corona
Please send all the documents in one E-Mail to Ms. Linda Schachinger (email@example.com):
- Curriculum Vitae (signed)
- Current record of studies - Studienblatt
- Certificate of the last graduate study and the certificate regarding the admission (if necessary).
- Merkblatt für Verfasser der Dissertation (Guidelines for the authors of a doctoral thesis)
- 1 Copy of the first page of the thesis
- An Abstract (ca. 250 words, including: Name of the candidate, Name of the supervision, title of the thesis) as a pdf-file
- Application for restricting the accessess (if applicable - your supervisor has to enter the restriction in the tiss-system and then hand you the printout, including the amount of years)
- Certificates of the courses of the doctoral program
Two Copies of the thesis have to be deposited at the office of the dean (after corona-lockdown!)!
The defensio will be held when the following requirements are met:
- The date of the defeniso is fixed
- The thesis has been uploaded to tiss.
- The written assessments have been submitted
Due to the Corona Situation the definsio will be held via teleconference.
For the defensio via teleconference the following criteria must be met:
- All parties must agree
- mutual audibility and visibility
- voice, facial expression and gestures must be perceptible in a realistic manner
- the data transfer must conducted on secure (encrypted) channels
- it must be possible for additional persons to attend the defensio
- the same level of knowledge of all parties must be ensured.
GoToMeeting or Zoom fullfills the requirements above. To attend the teleconference you will need an PC/Mac with Microphone and headphones (preferably a headset) and a webcam or a Tablet or Smartphone.
Two Copies of the thesis have to be deposited at the office of the dean (as soon as possible).