Award promoting the international mobility of young scientists
Twice a year, the Rector of TU Wien presents the Christiana HÖRBIGER Award to the value of between EUR 1000 and a maximum of EUR 10,000 to promote the international mobility of young scientists. The grant is funded by Christiana Hörbiger.
The donor’s aim is to promote the mobility of young scientists, more specifically by enabling them to attend scientifically relevant conferences and congresses, and to promote the inter-university exchange of young scientists.
The award’s primary objective is to fund the costs incurred in the course of scientific work: travel costs, accommodation costs and conference costs. It does not, however, cover internet, mobile phone, living or insurance costs. A guaranteed 50% of the funds awarded go to women.
We would like to thank Christiana Hörbiger for her invaluable support.
Nominations and conditions
The recipients of the grants are announced in the TU Wien newsletter.
The target group of potential grant recipients includes graduates in the following subjects: civil engineering, electrical engineering, computer sciences, mechanical engineering, technical chemistry, technical mathematics, technical physics, chemical and process engineering, surveying and geoinformation, business informatics, and mechanical engineering management. Applicants must be current students on a doctoral programme (pre-doc) at TU Wien or graduates from such a programme (post-doc). Grant recipients must all be researchers working in these subject areas and either employees or students at TU Wien. In the case of employees, they must have a current employment contract at the time of the stay abroad.
Grant recipients must be under the age of 35 at the time of the round of applications.
If they have already completed their doctoral thesis then this should be no more than two years old at the time of the round of applications.
Documents to be submitted
Applications must be made in writing, using the form provided This should be sent electronically to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the grant has been received, it must be used within 12 months for the planned travel. A final report should then be produced using the appropriate form and sent to email@example.com. There is no need to send individual receipts, but these should be retained in case of random checks.
The call for applications is issued by the Vice Rector Research and Innovation. Winning applications are decided by a panel of eight consisting of the Vice Rector Research and Innovation and the deans of the following faculties: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering & IT, Informatics, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, Mathematics & Geoinformation, Technical Physics and Technical Chemistry.
The panel awards grants based on the originality and innovative nature of the applications and the scientific quality and output.
The panel makes its decision by secret ballot, each panel member having one vote. The panel’s decision is passed by a simple majority of votes cast. In the event of a tied vote, the Vice Rector Research and Innovation has the casting vote.
Deadline for current call for applications: 20 October 2019
Awardee Winter Term 2019/2020
- Dipl.-Ing. Felix Eder, BSc
- Szerena Fecske, MSc
- Frieda Kapsamer
- Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Kirnbauer, BSc
- Timothy Lyon, MA
- Dipl.-Ing. Theresa Maierhofer, BSc Bakk.techn.
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Georg Pfusterschmied
- Dipl.-Ing. Kevin Pichler, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Melanie Piskernik, BSc
- Luise Prielinger, BSc
- mag. mat. Una Radojicic
- Ing. Blanca Ramos Elbal
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Matthias Schartner, BSc Bakk.techn.
- Dipl.-Ing. Magdalena Schneider, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Michael Schröder, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Bashar Tahir, BSc
- Irene Tomico Cuenca, MSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Lilly Treml, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Antonia Wagner, BSc
Awardee Winter Term 2018/2019
- Dipl.-Ing. Eva Binder, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Patrick Chalupa, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Mario Hager, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Haunold, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Johanna Hausjell, BSc
- Jens Kastenhofer, MSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Bernadette Kirchsteiger, BSc
- Fabian Klute, BSc MSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Theresia Knobloch, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Hedwig Knötig, BSc
- Timothy Stephen Lyon, MA
- Dipl.-Ing. Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Maier, BSc
- Sreejith P. Nandan, MSc
- Emily Neufeld, MSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Julian Quehenberger
- Dipl.-Ing. Daniela Reif, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Simone Schuler, BSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Paul Stefan Szabo, BSc
- Wangshu Wang, MSc
- Julia Weissensteiner, MSc
- Dipl.-Ing. Raphaela Wutte, BSc
Awardee Summer Term 18
- Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Gassner
- Dipl.-Ing Benedikt Hartl, BSc.
- Samira Homayouni
- Dott.mag. Dr.techn. Annalisa Iuorio
- Dipl.-Ing. Martin Müller, B.Eng.
- Dipl.-Ing. Klara Mundilova, BSc.
- Dipl.-Ing. Dipl.-Ing. Aleksandar Milkov Radoevski, BSc.
- Ing. Blanca Ramos Elbal
- Dipl.-Ing. Janine Schwestka, BSc.
- Dipl.-Ing. Michael Taubländer, BSc.
Awardee Winter Term 2017/18
- Dipl.Ing. Fjolla Ademaj, BSc.
- Dipl.-Ing. Komal Chenthamara
- Univ.Ass. Dipl.-Ing. Maeva Dang
- Dr. Esther Daus
- Dipl.-Ing. Christina Drechsel, BSc.
- Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Gundiger
- Laura Nenzi, PhD
- Dipl.-Ing. Kevin Pichler, BSc.
- Dipl.-Ing. Dino Rossegger
- Dipl.-Ing. Valerie Smejkal
- Katharina Spiel, BSc MSc B.A.
- Univ.Ass Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Steiner, BSc.
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Dennis Svatunek, BSc.
- Mag.rer.nat. Petra Till, BSc.
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. David Johannes Wurm
- Dipl.-Ing. Raphaela Wutte, BSc.