Current measures for events
In order to contain the spread of COVID-19 and to safeguard your health, we ask you to observe the following rules of conduct at TU Wien. Please communicate the rules of conduct to all participants. The organizer is responsible for checking compliance.
- Please keep your distance from other people.
- FFP2-Masks: An FFP2 mask is mandatory to use in public areas at the TU Vienna (e.g. corridors, courtyards, etc.).
- Hygiene: Regular hand and surface disinfection
- 2.5-G rule (vaccinated and/or recovered or negative PCR test): Provide personal proof of status. Persons who do not provide proof of G will not be be allowed access!
- Opening hours: The house rules of the TU Wien apply
- If you are unwell or ill, it is absolutely necessary to refrain from being present on the TU Campus.
- Contact data collection: For meetings at the TU Vienna with more than 25 participants, contact lists must be kept by the responsible organizer (see contact person management).
As of November 11, 2021, TU Wien will generally switch to 2.5-G access controls, i.e., vaccinated and/or recovered or negative PCR test.
Students, staff members and visitors have to show proof of a low epidemiological risk to the security service when entering a TU building, see Rectorate Regulation "Use of Buildings" (PDF), opens an external URL in a new window, opens an external URL in a new window. Persons who do not provide a G-proof are not allowed to enter!
Access controls take place from Monday to Saturday in the period between 07 am and 07 pm. Please inform your guests in advance so that they can plan enough time.
Outside these times, organizers are responsible for checking the G-proof themselves. The security service will check randomly.
For more information on entrances and access controls, please click here: Corona | TU Wien
In German the "G-proof" stand for official proofs for being: vaccinated (in German "geimpft"), tested (in German "getestet") and recovered (in German "genesen").
- Vaccinated: Proof of vaccination (complete immunization) with an EU-approved vaccine against COVID-19 is required.
- Recovery: Proof is the medical confirmation of a SARS-CoV-2 infection survived in the last 180 days (confirmed by molecular biology) or a certificate of segregation.
Events are canceled up to and including December 12. For planned events in the period from December 13 to 17 (e.g. Christmas parties), we advise cancellation.
Digital formats (streaming, video conferencing, etc.) are still possible.
For events at TU Wien, contact lists must be kept by the responsible organizer (name & phone number mandatory, e-mail if available). The data must be provided with the date and time of entry to the respective campus (if available, also table or seat number). The inviting party is responsible for maintaining the list of participants and must store this data for 28 days after the event has taken place and delete it thereafter.
The participants are to be informed by the organizers about the purpose of the data collection:
- "necessary for contact tracing" (Art. 6 para. 1 lit e of the DSGVO).
Students and employees are required to register in TISS upon entering the building. Access is registered by scanning a QR code. This can be done
1. on your own mobile device or
2. with rental devices that are available in the porter's lodge. These are disinfected by employees after each use.
3. Alternatively, TUW employees can also register via workstation computers.
All guests/companies/non-TUW members can register in two ways:
1. Special access created by TUW employees in TISS
2. Registration in the guestbook at the porter's lodge
3. Event organizers can register the guests of an event in their own list.
If a suspected case or case of infection of a guest or other person present at the event (caterer, technician, etc.) becomes known, please report this immediately by e-mail to the following departments:
Service Unit of Event Services: email@example.com
GUT Customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, a report must be made using the appropriate form:
External persons: External Persons | TU Wien
All rooms, furniture, surfaces (door handles, light switches, elevator buttons, etc.) and technology are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each event.