Chief Information Security Officer
The Chief Information Security Officer of the TU Wien is Dipl. Ing. Gregor Hartweger.
Tasks of the Chief Information Security Officer
In any case, the information security officer has to fulfill the following tasks:
- Informing and advising the Rectorate and the employees of the TU Wien on information security issues.
- Monitoring compliance with the organizational measures related to information security.
- Sensitization and training of the employees of the TU Wien.
- Cooperation with the Data Protection Officer of the TU Wien, to ensure compliance with the technical and organizational measures for the protection of personal data in accordance with GDPR.
Informations Security Coordinator in the Rectorate and Faculties:
- Rectorate: Eveline Prentinger
- Vice Rectorate for Research and Innovation: Verena Dolovai
- Vice Rectorate for Acamdemic Affairs: Shabnam Tauböck
- Vice Rectorate for Digitalisation and Infrastructure: Marianne Rudigier
- Vice Rectorate Human Resources and Gender: Michael Vojta
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning: Michael Kiennast
- Faculty of Civil Engineering: Christian Schranz
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology: Joachim Fabini
- Faculty of Informatics: Georg Fuchsbauer
- Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering: Christoph Hametner
- Faculty Mathematics and Geoinformation: Angelika Pecinovsky
- Faculty of Physics: Angelika Pecinovsky
- Faculty of Technical Chemistry: Martin Hensler
There are also information security contact people in the institutes and service departments (these can be nominated on a voluntary basis in the institutes but this role must be set up in the service departments). They support the information security officer and the information security coordinator with implementing and complying with the information security guidelines of TU Wien and and are encouraged to point out information security issues.
Information about the information security organization at TU Wien can be found under the following link: Information Security Organization at the TU Wien , opens a file in a new window(available in German only)