“University” constitutes a complex system. To allow for an ideal involvement and networking of all areas, five focus group were created: Research, Studying & Teaching, Administration, Infrastructure and Students. In the interest of the digital transformation process, all focus groups are entrusted with operative planning and development of digitalization projects in their respective areas, in close coordination with the .digital office.
Each focus group is coordinated by a focus group leader who organize periodic meetings and control and move the groups projects forward.
The focus group Research is coordinated by Ao.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Andreas Rauber, opens an external URL in a new window of the research unit Information and Software Engineering
The focus group Research works on the following topics:
- new kinds of research processes, interdisciplinary collaboration in research and new ways of networking
- what could the ideal research environment look like in 10 years from now?
- identifying processes, services, policies necessary to realize this vision step by step
The focus group Studying and Teaching is coordinated by Senior Lecturer Dipl.-Ing. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Andreas Körner, BSc,, opens an external URL in a new window of the research unit Scientific Computing and Modelling.
The focus group Studying and Teaching deals especially with the following topics:
- added value in teaching responsibilities through digital transformation
- digital transformation in teaching
- working in and with a digitally transformed studying and teaching environments
The focus group Administration is coordinated by DI Dr. Wolfgang Spreicer,, opens an external URL in a new window of the service unit Campus Software Development
The focus group Administration deals especially with the following topics:
- collaboration in various areas
- business processes in the administration looked at from a different angle
- improving business processes
The focus group Infrastructure is coordinated by Mag. Thomas Rothen,, opens an external URL in a new window of TU.it.
The focus group Infrastructure deals primarily with the following topics:
- added value in the area of infrastructure through digital transformation
- data-driven, intelligent infrastructure solutions (e.g. smart buildings, data, AI, analytics)
- developing creative solutions for digital working environments and the latest challenges in library, building and IT infrastructure
- creating interdisciplinary and cross-organization ideas how digital transformation can positively influence support processes at TU Wien and analysing these ideas constructively
The focus group Students is coordinated by Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Shabnam Tauböck,, opens an external URL in a new windowof the Strategic Education Development Center