The climate crisis forces us to think of construction in terms of sustainability. This means, for example, adapting construction to increased energy efficiency standards, implementing circular economy, incorporating renewable energy sources in the construction process and evaluating buildings on the basis of ecological, economic and socio-cultural aspects.
The TU Wien Academy for Continuing Education (ACE) and TU Graz offer "Sustainable Construction" in form of a master program and a certificate course. These are focused on a holistic, life-cycle-oriented consideration of building activities with regard to the 3-pillar model of sustainability.
Graduates gain the competence to implement the principles of sustainable management in project development, planning and execution as well as in the operation and removal of buildings. In cooperation with the Austrian Society for Sustainable Real Estate (ÖGNI), it is possible to be trained as an auditor within the framework of this course.
- Final degree: Master of Engineering (MEng) granted by the TU Wien and TU Graz
- Language: German
- Academic directors: Prof. Dr. Karin Stieldorf (TU Wien), Univ. Prof. Dr. Alexander Passer (TU Graz)
- Locations: Graz and Vienna
- Duration and structure: 4 semesters or 2 semesters, part-time program, presented in modules
- Costs: EUR 18.000 or EUR 10.000 (excl. travel and accommodation expenses)
- Next program start: autumn 2023
- Admission requirements: The prerequisite for admission is the possession of an internationally recognised first academic degree in a technical, scientific, legal or economic field of study. For non-technical fields of study, 2 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- Holistic view of buildings
- Practically relevant knowledge
- Adaptability at work
- Combination of theory and practice
- Additional qualifications
- Interdisciplinary and independent working
- Solution-oriented thinking and acting
- Unique cooperation between TU Wien and TU Graz
More information and application: https://www.tuwien.at/en/ace/masters-programs/meng-sustainable-construction