TU Wien has committed itself to actively participate in the transformation of existing scientific practices towards Open Science, says TU Wien Vice Rector Josef Eberhardsteiner. The virtual workshop on 12 November will bring together national and international experts from Austria, UK, Bulgaria, China, who will present the challenges from a European and non-European perspective.
Core topics are:
- The Open Data Directive of the European Union: European perspectives on the data economy and on open science
- A major challenge for science: the framework for participation in the European Open Science Cloud EOSC (European perspective)
- What does all this mean for science? Perspectives from the United Kingdom (Perspective outside the EU)
- The Chinese Open Science Cloud (global perspective)
- The perspective of European funders and research performing organizations
Virtual workshop "Focus on Science - Chapter XXIX: Vienna"
12 November 2020
10:00 - 13:15
Details and registration: www.focusopenscience.org/book/20vienna, opens an external URL in a new window
"Focus on Open Science" workshops
The series of "Focus on Open Science" workshops, which has been very successful since 2015, will now be held for the second time after 2018 at TU Wien. The conceptualisation and organisation of Chapter XXIX is carried out by TU Wien Bibliothek, opens an external URL in a new window in cooperation with Scientific Knowledge Services (SKS), opens an external URL in a new window, UCL (University College London), opens an external URL in a new window and LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries), opens an external URL in a new window.