With this site, we have tried to achieve good results for current hardware and software combinations. You will get the best results with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you experience any problems in this respect, get in touch with us.
The information on this server is provided by the faculties, institutes, staff, students, and PR and Marketing Service Unit. The information about the individual institutes and other establishments of TU Wien, as well as other information providers, is compiled by these independently and is imported into the system.
© Copyright – unless stated otherwise – of the author or TU Wien.
Supervisory authority of TU Wien
Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research
TU Wien VAT ID number
Governing bodies with power of representation: TU Wien Rector’s Office
- Sabine Seidler, Rector
- Johannes Fröhlich, Vice Rector Research and Innovation
- Josef Eberhardsteiner, Vice Rector Infrastructure
- Kurt Matyas, Vice Rector Study and Teaching
- Anna Steiger, Vice Rector Personnel and Gender
Duties of TU Wien
According to § 3 of the Austrian Universities Act 2002, TU Wien fulfils the following duties within its area of responsibility:
- advancement of sciences (research and teaching), and the advancement, appreciation and teaching of the arts;
- education through science and the advancement and appreciation of the arts;
- scientific, artistic, artistic-pedagogical and artistic-scientific training, qualification for professional activities requiring the application of scientific knowledge and methods, as well as teaching artistic and scientific skills at the highest level;
- training and promotion of junior academics and young artists;
- continuing education, particularly of university graduates and graduates of university colleges of education;
- internal co-ordination of scientific research (and the advancement and appreciation of the arts) and teaching at universities;
- promotion of domestic and international co-operation in research and teaching, and the arts;
- promotion of the use and practical application of their research findings, and of community involvement in efforts to promote the advancement and appreciation of the arts;
- gender equality and the advancement of women;
- maintenance of contacts with graduates;
- provision of public information on the performance of the tasks of the universities.
Some subdomains use Google Analytics.
The validity of these provisions extends to all content within the domain tuwien.ac.at.
You can find the applicable data protection provisions at www.tuwien.at/datenschutz