Life Cycle Analysis
This part of the research area deals with the development of flexible, sound processes for sustainable products, focusing on mechanical operations to prepare, recover and process natural resources/natural fibers.
In addition, the environmental impacts of existing and new technologies in these areas should be captured by Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) in order to be able to use them in decision-making in process development.
- Conditioning of cellulose fibers for their use as a pore forming agent in ceramics or in fiber reinforced plastics
- Production and application of nano-cellulose
- Process development for the production of dye concentrates out of plant residuals
- Design of methods to characterize natural fibers
- Extraction of bioactive substances out of plants
Senior Scientist Dipl.-Ing. Dr.in techn. Bettina Mihalyi-Schneider
Getreidemarkt 9, 1060 Wien, Österreich