Advice on multimedia teaching
How can you help your students to develop the expertise defined in the curriculum without increasing your hours of work exponentially?
We can advise you on how you can improve teacher-student interactions and simplify information sharing using features of the TUWEL learning platform or selected e-learning tools. By structuring and digitally presenting teaching content, we can assist you in supporting students to the best of your ability in their learning and comprehension processes.
And we are always happy to support you with the design and delivery of online tests and examinations.
The following are just a few of the topics on which we can advise you:
- TUWEL (Moodle): functions, course structure and design
- Teaching with digital media - from design to delivery
- Active design of (large) courses with TUWEL
- Inverted classroom
- Student response systems
- Open educational resources (OER)
- Online testing: from multiple choice to take-home exams
We will gladly advise you - both individually and in groups - on developing the right solution for you, to provide a satisfactory response to your initial question. If required, we can also provide workshops specific to the institute or the field of study. Contact us using our Contact form.
Advice on distance learning
Here in the Digital Teaching and Learning Service Unit, we are also strengthening the Distance Learning team. This team was established by the Vice Rector for Teaching to support teaching staff in the pandemic-driven switch to the distance learning format. Our team members have helped, and continue to help, develop concepts for online teaching. We support teaching staff with implementation and work with them to develop teaching solutions for individual issues regarding their online teaching. All information, available services, and documents provided by the Distance Learning team are available here, opens an external URL in a new window.
Content creation/media production
The creation of digital educational resources at TU Wien is essentially in the hands of the teaching staff. The Digital Teaching and Learning team advises and supports teaching staff in developing learning material content. The services available to you for this purpose include:
- Digital tool recommendations (authoring tools)
- Advice on the best way to integrate the resources created into the central educational technologies of TU Wien, such as TUWEL or LectureTube
- Loan of hardware for simple audio and video productions
- Preparation of educational resources in accordance with aspects of multimedia teaching
- Other services and support options on request
Use our Contact form - we would be happy to support you with your project!
User support TUWEL, CECnet, etc.
One of our key services is to support teaching staff and colleagues in the use and application of central Moodle-based systems used at TU Wien. We will respond to your enquiries swiftly and with a solution-focused approach; simply write to the following support addresses:
- TUWEL, the central learning platform at TU Wien: email@example.com
- CECnet, the learning platform for the TU Wien Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moodle-Plattform for the Programme-PRe-Phase: email@example.com
- EDU learning platform, MOOC platform for the Faculty of Informatics: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Teaching and Learning Technologies technical department, with whom we work closely, is responsible for the technical running of these platforms.
When you are preparing or delivering online courses, you will always come up with questions that need a quick, and ideally personal, response.
This is why we offer our teaching staff a one-hour distance learning online consultation twice a week. This office hour can be used to discuss questions about online tools (TUWEL, LectureTube, Zoom, etc.) as well as distance learning, teaching scenarios (e.g. conducting online tests and exams). Office hours are as follows:
Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4 pm - 5 pm via Zoom (Meeting-ID: 902 555 624, https://tuwien.zoom.us/j/902555624, opens an external URL in a new window)
No booking required. You will enter the digital room - our moderator will work through the questions in order, all discussions are in confidence.
Note: The online office hour goes into the summer break! From September 7th, 2021 we will be there for you again! We will gladly answer your inquiries during the summer via our ticket line.